Sign in to follow this  
MCS-LEE

belt line kit

Get one thats wider than the chrome Lee, ive seen so many that match the width, but they shrink over time and end up showing the chrome thus looking tacky.

Im gonna do the 3m insulating tape method, well i say i am.......pauuuuuulllllllll lol

but they shrink over time

I never knew they shrunk?

Yup, most vinyl does, half my gti is wrapped and has shrinkage already after 6 months, top quality stuff too. Just how it is. One o my friends has an R56 belt line kit and hardly had 1mm either way on the strips, did a trial piece and that too shrunk, didnt look pretty. Unless you fancy rewrapping your chrome trims every so many months.

I think my next MINI i will just strip the moldings down and plasticote them ;)

haha depends on the weather! :( il put it on see how it goes for £11 six months be orite might change my ideas by then lol :mrgreen:

Get one thats wider than the chrome Lee, ive seen so many that match the width, but they shrink over time and end up showing the chrome thus looking tacky.

Im gonna do the 3m insulating tape method, well i say i am.......pauuuuuulllllllll lol

Yes i will do it for you, good old electrical tape, needs redone every 6ish months but only takes about a hour to do the whole belt line so worth doing, apparently doesnt matter what kit you use it needs done every now and then anyway so no point paying alot for a kit if its going to need done all the time, mine was electrical tape and worked a treat :)

Need to do mine soon too as the black part of the original beltline is all chipped and coming away so I'm going to do a black beltline instead.

May try good quality insulating tape first and see if it lasts ;)

Haga yeah insulation tape be good practice :) it still hasn't arrived :( il be disappointed if it doesn't arrive in the morning.

Haga yeah insulation tape be good practice :) it still hasn't arrived :( il be disappointed if it doesn't arrive in the morning.

So would I be! where's it coming from?