Sign in to follow this  
Davyboy

Recommendations

I'm not a fanatic on cleaning, as long as it's clean and shiny does me :)

Well since meeting Paul at Pureshine Detail is changed how i do most things...

Zymol for washing the car, drying off with one of his absorbent towels

Mark removal with Menzerna Final Finish

Wax with supernatural and crystal noir

Trims blacked with Auto Glym Gel

Tyres i use Autoglym again but ive started applying that with a sponge the night before so it stays on the tyre longer, and is far shinier

:)

A friend machined our hatch recently, he's a bodywork guy a boy did it sparkle :D

The results :D he's also a MINI owner, you can see his GP in the drive :)

IMG_1709.jpgvv16 ... G_1709.jpg"><a href=http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/davyboy1001/IMG_1709.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Mine was done for FREE :D

Left it there on the Saturday and when we collected on the Sunday we even got dinner ;)

G techinq C4 Lolly? Best stuff you.will ever get.for trims, just make sure.you put the prep time in before you apply it otherwise you won't get the results and it won't last years. Leaves a factory finish ive found. Not glossy and not.matt just right :)

You dont have to remove the trims just be careful you dint get it on paint, if you do just clean it off asap :) yeah prep with ipa it takes ages to get all old crap out plastics but better off spending the time also a 15ml bottle will be more than enough to do the car :D it goes 'long wau

my cleaning kit has run out shall stock up on these recommended items :)

I use Meguiars NXT gen car wash and then Auto Glym Super Resin Polish

I use a liquid product on the black trim (forgot what its called now) I used a spray in my noob cleaning days.....FAIL!

On the wheels I use Meguires Hot Wheel Cleaner and then the Hot Shine spray (wait before driving as this is wet and can spray up the body) I know some people dont like using the spray for this reason but i love the wet look....and personally not a fan of the foam.....although I do love spraying the foam lol

I use Auto Glym Odour Eliminator inside coop as I love the smell.

Ive just bought Meguires Ultimate Compound (not had a chance to use yet what with all the rain) and I got some applicator pads and one of their father expensive Terry Towel (£15?!?!?!) Is that expensive Paul? Your the man to go to in this area.....

Future plans is for a Snow Foam....I seem to have commandeered my fathers pressure washer but I think hes noticed :(

Anything I need to be doing ontop or diff please tell.....I want the best for coop. Also engine bay could do with a sproose....ideas?

I use a liquid product on the black trim (forgot what its called now) I used a spray in my noob cleaning days.....FAIL!

On the wheels I use Meguires Hot Wheel Cleaner and then the Hot Shine spray (wait before driving as this is wet and can spray up the body) I know some people dont like using the spray for this reason but i love the wet look....and personally not a fan of the foam.....although I do love spraying the foam lol

Ive just bought Meguires Ultimate Compound (not had a chance to use yet what with all the rain) and I got some applicator pads and one of their father expensive Terry Towel (£15?!?!?!) Is that expensive Paul? Your the man to go to in this area.....

Future plans is for a Snow Foam....I seem to have commandeered my fathers pressure washer but I think hes noticed :(

Anything I need to be doing ontop or diff please tell.....I want the best for coop. Also engine bay could do with a sproose....ideas?

Hey,

trim spray made me laugh :)

sounds like your doing ok with the products you have at the minute, the ultimate compound isnt too bad but hard work if doing it by hand, ansd yeah the terry towels are good but i dont think there worth the £15 that they ask for, Dodo Juice do a few very good towels for drying and polishing and also they have a range of finishing towels for final buffing of the car,

snow foam is a must really if you have the facilities to use it aswell as it looks cool and anybody walking by always looks amazed when the cars foamed up :lol::lol:

From what i can see you are not using a wax after you have finished polishing?? for everybody reading this, use a wax so after all your hard work you can lock it all in to give maximum life to what you have done and also to enhance the gloss thet bit further to put it in simple terms :)

as for engine bay, just use some Citrus Degreaser with a small detailing brush or a paint brush if you havent got anything else and dont want to buy detailing brush, DO NOT use pressure washer on the engine, once you have worked the degreager in just rinse it off with a slow running hose try not to get the engine soaking, i find it is easier to do it on a warm engine (start and run for 5-10 min) so only just warm. once you have cleaned and are satisfied with the engine i like to use 303 Aerospace Protectant to dress all plastics and rubbers for factory finish and Brilliant metal polish for any shiny bits under there :)

if you want a glossy finish on the plastics especially the wheel arch covers on a Gen1 Mini i use IPA to prep then use 'Brilliant Plasti Treat' leaves a nice glossy finish and very durable.

any other areas or product advice dont hesitate to ask or get on the phone i dont mind :)

wheel arch plastics and front panel plastic done in Brilliant plasti treat about 2 months before this picture was taken, just wiped over with 303 protectant for this photo :)

310716_10150865856820440_1483691399_n-1.jpgt48 ... 99_n-1.jpg"><a href=http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/pureshinedetail/310716_10150865856820440_1483691399_n-1.jpg' alt='URL>'>

WOW.......so Im thinking of having my coop wrapped and I was wondering as to what they do with the red bits inside the bonnet etc.....and this photo has answered that.....they dont do anything and you have a red/blue underbody finish.....In this case with the blue I love how its worked out. (I'm guessing your MINI has been wrapped or has it had a respray?)

I will defo be looking at working on the engine bay to bring it back to looking new again!

I wrapped the car myself and yeah as you can see nothing happens under the bonnet. You could simply prep and rattle can it to matchbut wouldnt advise it lol. A clean car looks good but having all door shuts and boit shuts etc aswell as a sparkling engine bs y takes it to another level and looks so much better at shows etc. suprising how many people dont ever bother under the bonnet tho :(

Very true! A nice looking car should have a nice looking engine bay to match! 8-)

Hey' date='

trim spray made me laugh :)

sounds like your doing ok with the products you have at the minute, the ultimate compound isnt too bad but hard work if doing it by hand, ansd yeah the terry towels are good but i dont think there worth the £15 that they ask for, Dodo Juice do a few very good towels for drying and polishing and also they have a range of finishing towels for final buffing of the car,

snow foam is a must really if you have the facilities to use it aswell as it looks cool and anybody walking by always looks amazed when the cars foamed up :lol::lol:

From what i can see you are not using a wax after you have finished polishing?? for everybody reading this, use a wax so after all your hard work you can lock it all in to give maximum life to what you have done and also to enhance the gloss thet bit further to put it in simple terms :)

as for engine bay, just use some Citrus Degreaser with a small detailing brush or a paint brush if you havent got anything else and dont want to buy detailing brush, DO NOT use pressure washer on the engine, once you have worked the degreager in just rinse it off with a slow running hose try not to get the engine soaking, i find it is easier to do it on a warm engine (start and run for 5-10 min) so only just warm. once you have cleaned and are satisfied with the engine i like to use 303 Aerospace Protectant to dress all plastics and rubbers for factory finish and Brilliant metal polish for any shiny bits under there :)

if you want a glossy finish on the plastics especially the wheel arch covers on a Gen1 Mini i use IPA to prep then use 'Brilliant Plasti Treat' leaves a nice glossy finish and very durable.

any other areas or product advice dont hesitate to ask or get on the phone i dont mind :)[/quote']

hahaha yea trim spray was an epic fail....I think I sprayed it on once and was like "Thats awful.....BIN IT"

So i managed to get round to fully cleaning my coop and used the Ultimate Compound and I know what you mean about it being hard work by hand, The compound wasnt to bad but then after I finished with the Tech wax 2.0 so after both of those I could feel it......but the results were AMAZING.......and then last night it rained :( big fan of Meguiars products even more now after using those two products......(pplus my local Halfods have a 3 for 2 still on for all cleaning products so stocked up a couple of bottles!)

Also used RainX for the first time in ages and love it lol..........oh the small things that please us.

I swear by chemicall guys products & the odd dodo one to

Used to use Autoglym but no where near CG products

Hi and welcome to FOM :D

I was also an autoglym fan, not any longer :)

Good man

I like you already :thumbup:

Good man

Cheers

I'm a good girl ;)

I was also an autoglym fan' date=' not any longer :)[/quote']

Thanks for the welcome :D

It's not a patch on the professional stuff ;)

I was also an autoglym fan' date=' not any longer :)[/quote']

Thanks for the welcome :D

It's not a patch on the professional stuff ;)

New people....new product...chemicall guys? never heard of em lol.

welcome 'gal' lol which one of the MINIs is yours on your sig?

Good man

Cheers

I'm a good girl ;)

haha sorry :/

But that's even better again :) lol

Hehe no worries I've been called worse :P

They've both been mine the red one was mine up until a few months bck when I had to sell as I now have the blue works. Had my red one for 5.5yrs & now had my blue one for nearlly 7months :D

Hehe yep

Look them up & give them a go but be prepared for deep pockets on intial purchases!! I love the stuff as its long lasting & some products can b diluted so last even longer still. I just love that I can not need to wax or polish for 6months as the shine & protection can last that long with reguluar washing & snow foaming. Ive still not found a product I've been disappointed from them yet ;)

Hehe no worries I've been called worse :P

They've both been mine the red one was mine up until a few months bck when I had to sell as I now have the blue works. Had my red one for 5.5yrs & now had my blue one for nearlly 7months :D

Hehe yep

Look them up & give them a go but be prepared for deep pockets on intial purchases!! I love the stuff as its long lasting & some products can b diluted so last even longer still. I just love that I can not need to wax or polish for 6months as the shine & protection can last that long with reguluar washing & snow foaming. Ive still not found a product I've been disappointed from them yet ;)

Its great stuff :) expensive.to start with but ends up cheaper than autoglym.shite.and meguiars products as it lasts.so.long and goes along way :)