R56 MINI Cooper S remap from Lohen - Stage 2

Great write up Si! I was super impressed with Frank on the day and I think it'll take you a long while to get bored of that power and go hunting for JCW turbos :D 

Looking forward to getting out again and seeing what he's made of especially when he's got some capable rubber wrapped around his wheels. I'll have ride shotgun and see what a difference your clutch and flywheel make once we're all allowed to be near each other again! 

It was a great experience and I wish we could do it all again. I hope you're enjoying yours as much as I've been enjoying mine :D 

• Super Moderator

Nice one guys, it’s nice to here positive feedback for a change, especially in the current pandemic negativity.

Driving these beasts gives you guys something to look forward too in the new year. 

I keep saying one day ! But as many have heard all too often “it’ll have to wait until after the clutch has been replaced” 

Cheers @LewisE was a great time overall, and its something seeing someone else driving your car isn't it, always looks mega ha ha. I think you're right re the power. Think itll take me a while to get used to. Tyres dont give me any confidence currently so that could change very soon. 🧐

You're right @Kettlepot re the clutch. Its a big deciding factor when you factor in all the extra power and torque that any map produces. Ill be honest and say i never even thought id go stage 2 back in the day when i fitted the clutch and flywheel all those years ago. I just did them because it was shot, and its not cheap by all means, I get that. What isn't cheap about MINIs when I come to think of it 🤣😲

On 03/12/2020 at 17:05, MiniMe said:

Hi Simon

how we’re wheel spacers interfering exactly? What problem did they cause?

Hi @MiniMe and welcome to FULL ON MINIs 😃

The rear tyres were rubbing on the rear arches. Dont normally have a problem but I guess with it being strapped down, add a driver and the extra torque being applied it was pulling the rear further down than usual 😀

• Super Moderator
On 03/12/2020 at 17:05, MiniMe said:

Hi Simon

how we’re wheel spacers interfering exactly? What problem did they cause?

Because it was a 4 wheel dyno, the rear wheels were also spinning and as Simon has said the rear squatted so much that the outer of the tyre was rubbing on the inside of the arch 👍🏻

On 03/12/2020 at 20:55, Kettlepot said:

Nice one guys, it’s nice to here positive feedback for a change, especially in the current pandemic negativity.

Driving these beasts gives you guys something to look forward too in the new year. 

I keep saying one day ! But as many have heard all too often “it’ll have to wait until after the clutch has been replaced” 

You're not thinking logically about this, @Kettlepot... Get the SD remapped and then the clutch needing replaced will come around a lot quicker ;) really you're just accepting your fate sooner if you do it that way around. Plus you can get the timing chain checked while the 'box is off 😛 win win I think ;)