Brams77

F56 MINI Cooper build

Hi there MINI nuts!

So here is my MINI I'm gonna "slightly" mod for this year. Previously I owned a R56 Cooper and a F56 Cooper S. I bought this Cooper 1.5 this december 2nd hand with low mileage. I have to travel a bit more because of a new job, and due to the fact the Cooper S having a bit more miles I decided it was time to search for something else and sell the S as I still could get a reasonable return on that car this year at the milage it had.

MINI F56 Cooper

1.5 T 136 bhp

Midnight black mettalic

John Cooper Works interior pack

John Cooper Works exterior pack

Sports suspention

18' 563 style cup spoke rims

mini-mini-cooper-1-5-business-john-cooper-works-pakket-head-up-etc.jpg

mini-mini-cooper-1-5-business-john-cooper-works-pakket-head-up-etc-1.jpg

mini-mini-cooper-1-5-business-john-cooper-works-pakket-head-up-etc-6.jpg

So already thinking ahead, I bought some MINI mainly JCW parts for my project:)

Here is a list of the part numbers if anyone might want to know:

51192339038 JCW pro front splitter
8618524 JCW pro gear leaver
51137449209-210 black line rear light surrounds
51137393456 JCW grille
51137449207 black line grille surround
9482820 JCW indicator lights
65202296772 MINI sport antenna

E10-57-004-01-22 Eibach lowering springs

So the car got delivered in early januari, and right away I made an appointment with a professional tuning shop for a custom chip tune of the B38 3 cylinder engine. I was hoping on 170-180 bhp and 280-300 Nm of torque bringing it very  close to my old Cooper S

Here are the results on the dyno runs on RON 95, don't ask me why I forgot to fill it up with RON 98:/

20200324_184923_copy_1154x1012.jpg

In the end we did get it to slightly above 180 bhp.

But I can assure you the real difference is on the road. You go from sort of quick enough for everyday traffic, to a very enjoyable "MINI" experience, or the impression you drive sonething special. On top of that I noticed because the car is less heavy at the front then the 2.0 Cooper S there is almost no understeer, the back-end comes around when going off throttle in corners. And so I'm really pleased with the outcome, greatly recommended. I actually doubt it lacks in performance to a stock S as a Cooper still is 70 kg lighter.

Edited by Brams77

Some pictures of the JCW front bits added.. I love the front of this car! apologies  the car is a bit dirty tho..

20200326_193950_copy_1213x1306.jpg

Edited by Brams77

On 24/03/2020 at 17:51, Brams77 said:

So the car got delivered in early januari, and right away I made an appointment with a professional tuning shop for a custom chip tune of the B38 3 cylinder engine. I was hoping on 170-180 bhp and 280-300 Nm of torque bringing it very  close to my old Cooper S

Here are the results on the dyno runs on RON 95, don't ask me why I forgot to fill it up with RON 98:/

20200324_184923_copy_1154x1012.jpg

Some great numbers there! I bet it's amazing to drive now

What's the soundtrack like? I can imagine the 3 cylinder engine making some great noises!!

Top job, the car looks great 😀

Thanks @LewisE!

Yes the 3 pots do sound great actually when combined with a decent exhaust.

Here's a clip of a Cooper F56 with a std. JCW exhaust in comparison to a stock one I found on YouTube.

Excuse the Dutch language:) Comparison starts at 25sec into the video. Mine has a std. Cooper S exhaust which is already much fruitier as the 1.5 L 3 cylinder makes more noise then the 2.0 L.

Edited by Brams77

Now I made some small recordings with my phone a while ago, for anyone who would care to know how a 1.5 sounds with a stock S exhaust. The JCW does sound a little nicer but also quite raspy, the exhaust I have gives a warmer tone and I do like the pops on upshift. *use headphones

Driveby:

Revs:

Edited by Brams77

They sound great! I'm a big fan of a 3 cylinder with a proper exhaust on. Sounds better than the 4 cylinder F56s if you ask me 😳