Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More to follow 👀

Sideskirts on to complete the look 😎

Oh, forgot, also got genuine black headlight and tail light surrounds 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, LewisE said:

Awesome stuff! Looks like you've had plenty to keep you busy :) 

I'm a fan of the red wing mirrors, they're a nice touch

Had it booked in to get roof and spoiler done but been put on hold because of the lockdown 😷

21 hours ago, ssbnreso said:

Had it booked in to get roof and spoiler done but been put on hold because of the lockdown 😷

Black with red always looks good on an R56; I'm looking forward to seeing it once it is done! I had my R59 booked in to get a few little black accents done but, like yours, it was postponed due to lockdown.

JCW side skirts will really pull it together. I found when I was putting a JCW body kit on my old R56 it looked a bit weird with Cooper S side skirts on and didn't really settle with me - you don't realise it but the side skirts make the world of difference.

777696855_DSC_0189-Copy(2).thumb.JPG.5b35222c0eb2d41bc6aee58764a21f5b.JPG 364222673_DSC_0291(2).thumb.JPG.eb0dfde73e7b601e4e4c9d0941344db5.JPG

15 minutes ago, ssbnreso said:

oil change today, discovered trolly jack doesn’t fit under car since lowering 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have the same trouble with mine, and that's just on standard JCW suspension! I've found if you use the standard jack from the car to raise which ever end of the car up that you're not working on you'll be able to get the trolley jack under.

So if you're working on the front -  raise the back with the standard jack, get the trolley jack in place then lower and remove the standard jack to lower the car onto the trolley jack - if that makes sense 🤔

For an oil change I used to get the car up on some drive-on ramps. Worked perfectly as there was plenty of room and the sump plug is at the back of the sump so it aids with draining the oil too.

• Super Moderator

It’s coming together nicely for you 👍🏻

I used to drive onto two (or 4 if preferred) pieces of wood. It would raise the car enough.

I totally agree with Lewis, it’s the little things that make the world of difference and tie a lot of other things together

Thanks, getting there!

Guy who does my paint work is still working but I just didn’t feel comfortable getting skirts done during the lockdown, not really an essential job 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, LewisE said:

I have the same trouble with mine, and that's just on standard JCW suspension! I've found if you use the standard jack from the car to raise which ever end of the car up that you're not working on you'll be able to get the trolley jack under.

So if you're working on the front -  raise the back with the standard jack, get the trolley jack in place then lower and remove the standard jack to lower the car onto the trolley jack - if that makes sense 🤔

For an oil change I used to get the car up on some drive-on ramps. Worked perfectly as there was plenty of room and the sump plug is at the back of the sump so it aids with draining the oil too.

Used the mini jack to lift it an inch then got trolley jack onto chassis rail.

Got a set of ramps but would scrap the bumper getting on them!

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, ssbnreso said:

Used the mini jack to lift it an inch then got trolley jack onto chassis rail.

Got a set of ramps but would scrap the bumper getting on them!

tell me about it. I have ramps to be able to get onto my ramps 😂