Kiddkaos

Full bonnet re spray or not

So after owning my mini since end of Jan start of Feb it was a cat n and the work was done before I got it,  was a few minor issues dents etc which I paid to get out. 

Upon being a little geek and detailing (use this term loosely) which I'd never thought I'd find therapeutic,  on the bonnet drivers side has been painted, just a little section that's the wrong colour and is really getting on my wick. 

Would it need a full respray or could that section just be painted? 

Any body shops recommended would be a great help too! 

Thanks 

A good body shop should be able to patch/blend although my OCD has never been satisfied with a blended panel. I always like things painted completely for a seamless job. It stops you looking for imperfections. As for recommendations, that's a difficult one. My ocd is always looking for faults (most things have always been painted before i got them)

On 25/11/2019 at 22:52, Kiddkaos said:

So after owning my mini since end of Jan start of Feb it was a cat n and the work was done before I got it,  was a few minor issues dents etc which I paid to get out. 

Upon being a little geek and detailing (use this term loosely) which I'd never thought I'd find therapeutic,  on the bonnet drivers side has been painted, just a little section that's the wrong colour and is really getting on my wick. 

Would it need a full respray or could that section just be painted? 

Any body shops recommended would be a great help too! 

Thanks 

I’d say what you need is the advice of a good body shop. If you find an honest one, they’ll do the minimum work to get it right. I’ve been super impressed with Premier Vehicle Care. John is the body shop guy, very nice bloke, knows his stuff and is honest. They repaired my rear quarter which got damaged by a flying tent (yes, really) several years ago and it still looks perfect. I’m very fussy too! Give them a call they’ll quote for free. 0191 2400 700 https://premiervehiclecare.co.uk  

8 hours ago, Kai2k said:

I’d say what you need is the advice of a good body shop. If you find an honest one, they’ll do the minimum work to get it right. I’ve been super impressed with Premier Vehicle Care. John is the body shop guy, very nice bloke, knows his stuff and is honest. They repaired my rear quarter which got damaged by a flying tent (yes, really) several years ago and it still looks perfect. I’m very fussy too! Give them a call they’ll quote for free. 0191 2400 700 https://premiervehiclecare.co.uk  

Thanks @Kai2k I'll get on that when I get back,  away until the 18th March.