GP1, GP2, GP3, what would you choose ?

Which GP would you choose ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which GP would you choose ?

• MINI GP1
    • MINI GP2
    • MINI GP3
    • No thanks, im happy with my MINI

It would depend on what it would be used for.

GP1 if it was locked away in the garage and forgotten about, ready to sell in 10 years time.

GP2 for the odd weekend blast. Can’t really comment on the GP3 as I’m yet to drive one (as is most people).

Regardless of generation though, although they’re made to be drivers cars, I’d feel guilty about adding miles to it. 
Stick some decent coilovers on a R56 JCW and I’d imagine you’re 80% there driveability wise.

GP2 for me. I'm a massive R56 fanboy anyway but I think the GP2 looks the most natural, like it's meant to be that way. For me the GP1 just doesn't look quite right, almost like it's forced? And I can't get away with the spoiler and arches on the GP3. No denying that all three are very capable though 

• Super Moderator

although I love the the R56 and the GP2 I'd have to vote to the GP1 as its more raw, more of a drivers car. 

With the above said, if I was spending my own money, I wouldn't buy a special addition unless I was keeping it standard.

• 2 months later...
  • Super Moderator

i think it would have been batter if they hadn't tamed the design as much from the concept. I liked the front splitter and the wheels were a whole heap nicer

EA7F8DA8-32F1-46A1-AECB-7A40EE4B147C.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Kettlepot said:

i think it would have been batter if they hadn't tamed the design as much from the concept. I liked the front splitter and the wheels were a whole heap nicer

EA7F8DA8-32F1-46A1-AECB-7A40EE4B147C.jpeg

We're questioning how much muck will get in the arches on the production car, imagine that on the concept 😬😂

• Super Moderator

If I had the spare cash, I’d buy all of the extra parts and stick them on a cooper S it make it look aesthetically correct and tune the hell out of it whilst the GP3 was parked in a garage earning money.

as you can tell I don’t like modding a special edition

11 hours ago, James said:

GP3 for me. I like the fact it's a bit more out there, that's the point of a proper limited edition model !!

Exactly, I totally agree. I quite like them....need a play with one :)

13 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

If I had the spare cash, I’d buy all of the extra parts and stick them on a cooper S it make it look aesthetically correct and tune the hell out of it whilst the GP3 was parked in a garage earning money.

as you can tell I don’t like modding a special edition

I always think this is a shame. I prefer the Rowan Atkinson philosophy whereby a special car is built to be driven no matter the value or hit on depreciation as he did with his McLaren F1. Went to Mad4Mini one year and they had two GP1's in for some upgrades. I was chuffed to see two and took loads of photos. Actually helped the Mini bug too.

So basically, given the cash i'd get the GP3 and drive the thing every single day modding as i wished.

• Super Moderator
On 30/01/2020 at 09:16, James said:

I always think this is a shame. I prefer the Rowan Atkinson philosophy whereby a special car is built to be driven no matter the value or hit on depreciation as he did with his McLaren F1. Went to Mad4Mini one year and they had two GP1's in for some upgrades. I was chuffed to see two and took loads of photos. Actually helped the Mini bug too.

So basically, given the cash i'd get the GP3 and drive the thing every single day modding as i wished.

I suppose if money wasn’t an issue then yeah good point, you wouldn’t be worried about depreciation etc