Maverick

Gen 3 Mild Project! Not going crazy.

So, lost the bug with my R53. 

It got pulled away for scrap a few weeks back. I couldn't resist a new one so picked an F56 JCW. Blown away by the quality of the car over an R53. Still i do feel the R53 was m much more fun but it just guzzled fuel.

4cbd257d1c578a25fad3c69358558a88.thumb.jpg.2745a6ce9f285dd8a958797309f1aded.jpg

So I've picked it up, Bought from Cooper Teesside. I had an email asking if there service was 10/10. Well, it was far short on collection day and I've let them know.

2e963ac7163099e1c4ab6d8a0e7a61c5.jpg.b58a4f07c318083398502c3c12c52625.jpg

7c2bd8fc7332e96de06cfde25f630b8e.jpg.f131665e7dac8e954d0f2991d4b8c500.jpg

Ive already bought all the Genuine b;lack line trims to replace all the chrome. Then it will be black mirrors and roof. Holiday in a few weeks too so once that is out the way ill be lowering and changing the wheels.

For now ill not be going mad, unfortunately growing up slightly and having  a family has its restrictions on massive car spending!!!! 

Ill be attending as many Meets as i can in the future, owning a MINI for the past 12 year  most of my mates now come from MINI's so i need to get back in to enjoying cars and have a little me time with cars an friends at the weekends!

Just about to set of to Croft for a Ferrari Race weekend event, This shot was 2007 not long after owning the car, lets see if i can get ion the same spot today with this one!

2eba4ea6d4f5f9f463e3e2ca478f4c91.jpg.253e5dfaa5c348c35589d298b71396c9.jpg

Nice Motor Scot, you’ll get your stamp on it soon enough. 

I know what you mean about family life and family needs but it will not stop the craving to go all out !

it’ll be good to catch up and see where you go with this one

Your both right 😂 Today I’ve bought some all weather JCW Mats as the cheap rubbish mini have our in are bin worthy. 

Also, sold more parts so that equals funds for this car. Going for a set springs at first so tonight I’ll be looking for those! 

Welcome back @Maverick Good to see you back in a MINI Scott....interested in seeing what you have planned next :D

26 minutes ago, Mr Watton said:

Welcome back @Maverick Good to see you back in a MINI Scott....interested in seeing what you have planned next :D

I can’t stop spending 😂 send help 😂😳

8 minutes ago, Maverick said:

it crowd popcorn GIF

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Like Simon said #getspopcorn

I almost bought a set of springs last  night for immediate lows but then cancelled the order! I'm unsure what to do just yet. this car will never be tracked so its just going to be something i want slightly lower, i can't be chewed with parking issues, speed bump;s etc so I'm looking for 30mm max!

I saw an F56 with 20mm spacers, they helped fill the arch’s nicely and no rub either 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Kettlepot said:

I saw an F56 with 20mm spacers, they helped fill the arch’s nicely and no rub either 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ive got 10mm spacers to go on I just need bolts but I’ll probably do it all in 1 go once I order suspension! Dying to just order them but it will probably cause WW3 😂

I feel I might here the phrase “it’s always been that low” or “it’s always been like that” being said soon. I’d do it quick, before there is too much photographic evidence 😂

I’ve got some one interested in the last few parts from my R53.. which in turn means funds for coil overs in the next week I hope. 

Managed to machine polish half the car yesterday. Still need the time and weather to do the rest! 

So so I’m about a weeks time, it should be lowered with all chrome removed! 

Im getting a divorce 😂

I know a guy who might be wanting to sell his Grupe M induction kit @Maverick

Gives you a good excuse to come up too :D 

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

I know a guy who might be wanting to sell his Grupe M induction kit @Maverick

Gives you a good excuse to come up too :D 

I don’t think I’ll be doing much to the engine I till the warranty runs out.. plenty of spending to do outside first 😂 car finds will be gone once coilovers bought 😳

Black modified F56’s everywhere online with all the same colour schemes 😳 

I do t like the white roof, I really want black but a different wrap is possible 👌

Spacers delivered. Full dechrome trim delivered, 

JCW Rubber matts, belt line kit, bumper decals, pressed plates. Carbon door handles on the way. 

Looking at the ST X Coilovers as they are made by KW and I’ll have no reason to adjust them once fitted! 

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

I’ve got some one interested in the last few parts from my R53.. which in turn means funds for coil overs in the next week I hope. 

Managed to machine polish half the car yesterday. Still need the time and weather to do the rest! 

So so I’m about a weeks time, it should be lowered with all chrome removed! 

Im getting a divorce 😂

I really thought the unwelcome greeting I got from your wife when collecting parts was due to me turning up early. I now know it was you and your Mini addiction and spending too much money.

12 minutes ago, RT2002MCS said:

I really thought the unwelcome greeting I got from your wife when collecting parts was due to me turning up early. I now know it was you and your Mini addiction and spending too much money.

Thats just the Norm, mornings is just not for her she’s a miserable twat 😂 I love mornings. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RT2002MCS said:

Dont worry she is always like that...😆🙊...Sorry Scotty :D

Edited by Andy

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Dont worry she is always like that...😆🙊...Sorry Scotty :D

Have you read my reply? 😂

Just now, Maverick said:

Have you read my reply? 😂

I did just after I replied myself, i didnt see it before hand :D

Parcels arriving daily 😂 with txts asking what’s here now 😂 

pressed plates arrived, Belt line kit an a few graphics so I’ll pop everything in this afternoon.