Mr Watton

Sports cars in the Park (Lotherton) - 21st July 2019

We have a stand at Sports cars in the Park! 

Based at Lotherton Hall a charming Edwardian house and country estate once home to the Gascoigne family. There is something for everyone to enjoy here; from the country house to the bird garden, the gardens, the deer, the cafe and stables, woodland walks and kids playground

I dont see a limit on tickets available, and considering the Abarth crew had 70+ cars booked, id like to hope we can get a good gathering together.

I will even open this up for those not with MINIs too, lets call you our "Support Crew" :D Just make sure you choose FULL ON MINIs so you can be with the group. I will have the event shelter, banner and club flags with us.

Tickets for displaying cars only, car registration required      
- - Display car - Driver only £7.00
- - Display car - Driver + 1 Passenger £14.00
- - Display car - Driver + 2 Passengers £21.00
- - Display car - Driver + 3 Passengers £28.00
- Additional passenger £7.00
- - Additional Passenger - Child 5-18 £3.00

To get a ticket you must register with Sportscars In The park : https://www.sportscarsinthepark.co.uk

Once registered you select "Tickets" from the left Menu

It will show available tickets, make sure you are selecting for "Lotherton hall".

Select "Add Basket" which will load another screen, see below for how to fill in, just add your reg number really, then proceed to payment.

Note: There is no need to fill in the optional section.

Example screen....

Lotherton Screen Shot May 2019.png

Excited, hell yes! Hope to see you with us at something rather new and different :)

Venue details

Address: Off Collier Lane, Aberford, Leeds LS25 3EB. Lotherton Hall a charming Edwardian house and country estate once home to the Gascoigne family but now run by Leeds Council.

Times for the Day

09:00 - Display cars arrival (Make sure you have a ticket, they/I dont allow pay on the day!)

10:00 - General public arrival

12:00 - All cars must arrive on-site before 12:00

14:00 - Its not a lock in but we would like you to stay till at least 14:00

16:00 - Departure

showtime drinking GIF by Magic Hat

59557736_10157197190677720_2000874003048169472_o.jpg

I can’t make it! My weekend in work as usual!!!!

At least got Mega mini the weekend before!😀

First post updated. Get your tickets asap !! :D

Looks like great fun! It's a shame that it's the weekend after MMM... 

Might have to see if I can commandeer a different car to go in 🤔 

I hope so Mr, and im just in the middle of making up some digital promotional stuff :)

I quite fancy this. @Mr Watton I'd be happy to chuck my car on the FOM stand if there is room. Probably need to take some detailing stuff to clean it upon arrival. I've not bought a ticket yet - do you think this needs doing soon? 

19 hours ago, Kai2k said:

I quite fancy this. @Mr Watton I'd be happy to chuck my car on the FOM stand if there is room. Probably need to take some detailing stuff to clean it upon arrival. I've not bought a ticket yet - do you think this needs doing soon? 

Hey hey. Yes you’re more than welcome. If we could all buy tickets ASAP then this indicates to the show how popular the club is and where they put us 😊

i will probably do some final cleaning when on the stand too. 😃

Thanks Simon, ticket purchased. Was a bit of a faff, not the best website mind ha ha. Looking forward to the show. Open to any suggestions on either a) waterless detailing gear or b) if we can get hold of any water. Thanks. 

22 hours ago, Kai2k said:

Thanks Simon, ticket purchased. Was a bit of a faff, not the best website mind ha ha. Looking forward to the show. Open to any suggestions on either a) waterless detailing gear or b) if we can get hold of any water. Thanks. 

Yeah it’s not the easiest, hence why I made the write up in the first post really to help along the “journey” 😄

If you could all share this event guys and girls, the more the merrier and again no limit for stand space.👍🏻

Thank you 😍

I’ve invited MINI Owners UK from Facebook to join us on the FOM stand. Please make them welcome on the day 😃

Looks like I am coming! just not in the Roadster 👍

On 31/05/2019 at 12:56, Mr Watton said:

I’ve invited MINI Owners UK from Facebook to join us on the FOM stand. Please make them welcome on the day 😃

Have we had much interest from MINI Owners UK do you know, Si?

2 hours ago, LewisE said:

Looks like I am coming! just not in the Roadster 👍

Have we had much interest from MINI Owners UK do you know, Si?

They have not long put it up on their facebook feed, but there are a few yes :)

22 minutes ago, Mr Watton said:

They have not long put it up on their facebook feed, but there are a few yes :)

I wasn't a member of that group 😲 just had a look and looks like there's some good interest 😁

Only 2 weeks left until this event, even less to get your tickets to be on the stand. We have LOADS of space available and would you all to be there :)

20 hours ago, Corasdad said:

Thanks

Are you coming along buddy? 😃

So Just a few days left to be on the FOM stand for this coming Sunday...

id like to organise a cruise down together for all those coming along. Meeting MOUK at Wetherby services at 7.30-7.45 to ensure we get to the show and get the event shelter up and get our cars looking spot on. :D Its About 1hr 30mins getting there so perhaps meeting at Team Valley McDonald's for 6 could be the way to go.

Happy to discuss more.....

.. @Kai2k

Today is the last chance for tickets!! Get them bought peeps, dont say i didn't warn you (a million times haha) :D

On 17/07/2019 at 18:40, Mr Watton said:

So Just a few days left to be on the FOM stand for this coming Sunday...

id like to organise a cruise down together for all those coming along. Meeting MOUK at Wetherby services at 7.30-7.45 to ensure we get to the show and get the event shelter up and get our cars looking spot on. :D Its About 1hr 30mins getting there so perhaps meeting at Team Valley McDonald's for 6 could be the way to go.

Happy to discuss more.....

.. @Kai2k

I’ll have to meet you guys at Wetherby services as I'll not be in Newcastle the night before. What's the general approach to cleaning the cars when we get there? Is water available? Cheers

20 hours ago, Kai2k said:

I’ll have to meet you guys at Wetherby services as I'll not be in Newcastle the night before. What's the general approach to cleaning the cars when we get there? Is water available? Cheers

Hey! I’ll be taking a water dispenser so your more than welcome to grab some of mine 👍🏻

ℹ️ Here’s the parking map. Due to low numbers we will be parked in the UK area along with MOUK, and I’ll have my event shelter too! 

E48F1B2D-D904-4ED7-BB65-1C76A43E0333.jpeg

ℹ️ Times wise, for those not meeting at Wetherby, they say the following....

“Entrance times for display cars will now start from 8:15 - 8:30 dependant on site checks” 

ℹ️ If you’re late then you may be parked elsewhere.

⚠️ Now, without sounding like a spoil sport, we are aware of a recent incident where two cars caused public injuries due to idiotic driving. I/we as fullonminis cannot condone such driving, and your actions will be that of your own. Don’t be that one person who ruins it for everyone else. ⚠️

Other than that...enjoy yourselves, take plenty of pics, and share your thoughts of the meet here. We don’t do many mixed events, so this will be a good indicator if we plan anymore 👍🏻

Thanks @Mr Watton I'll pinch a little of your water then - assuming the big man upstairs doesn't dump a load down on us for free ha ha 🌧

Cleaning between rain showers 🤦🏻‍♂️

AB4ED0B6-E9D1-4CF2-9E68-4B58269C55C8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mr Watton said:

Cleaning between rain showers 🤦🏻‍♂️

AB4ED0B6-E9D1-4CF2-9E68-4B58269C55C8.jpeg

I did that also. Then drove to Newton Aycliffe. Now it's like I never did it. Hey presto ha ha. Wetherby services is a big place. Any idea where we'll meet ?