Sign in to follow this  
minibean

Italian Job

So I’ve unintentionally bought myself a cooper that’s pretty similar - if you squint - to the blue one in the 2003 movie. I’m not a racing demon but I used to ride motorbikes and finding myself wondering about my new car’s capability 😂. How much are these minis modified in the movie? Also I think they are the r56 and I have the chunkier f56 - the nose pains me but it’s ‘pedestrian friendly’. Also I have to say I only have the cooper, no sport or above. I’m definitely getting rally spots, I put premium fuel in cos it sounds better, might be better? What advice for the novice?! (Be nice..  I’m no racing driver or mechanic, BUT in my favour I’ve won every go-kart comp I’ve been in, I like driving lol)

Premium fuel is bound to be better for the engine, it’s more refined. It’ll give that little extra go too, being purer.

i feel a go-kart session may be needed 😂

On 06/04/2019 at 23:04, minibean said:

So I’ve unintentionally bought myself a cooper that’s pretty similar - if you squint - to the blue one in the 2003 movie. I’m not a racing demon but I used to ride motorbikes and finding myself wondering about my new car’s capability 😂. How much are these minis modified in the movie? Also I think they are the r56 and I have the chunkier f56 - the nose pains me but it’s ‘pedestrian friendly’. Also I have to say I only have the cooper, no sport or above. I’m definitely getting rally spots, I put premium fuel in cos it sounds better, might be better? What advice for the novice?! (Be nice..  I’m no racing driver or mechanic, BUT in my favour I’ve won every go-kart comp I’ve been in, I like driving lol)

Im sure if you buy the special edition Italian Job box set it gives you a behind the scenes look at how they made the gen 1 MINIs for the film. Its quite interesting actually :D

15 hours ago, Mr Watton said:

Im sure if you buy the special edition Italian Job box set it gives you a behind the scenes look at how they made the gen 1 MINIs for the film. Its quite interesting actually :D

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not on the normal dvd ! I’ve watched some of it and I don’t think I would have paid for a special edition 

11 minutes ago, Kettlepot said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not on the normal dvd ! I’ve watched some of it and I don’t think I would have paid for a special edition 

Mine came with the original Italian Job too. Looks cheesy to watch these days, the newer one that is, but back when the Gen1 first came out it was really cool :D  Just made you want to go out and find a tunnel to blast down, or drive over the roof of somewhere random. haha.

On 09/04/2019 at 23:25, Mr Watton said:

Mine came with the original Italian Job too. Looks cheesy to watch these days, the newer one that is, but back when the Gen1 first came out it was really cool :D  Just made you want to go out and find a tunnel to blast down, or drive over the roof of somewhere random. haha.

I love a good bit of movie cheese! 🧀