Hello @James

Welcome to FULL ON MINIs. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

James joined on the 03/04/19.

View Member

@James Hey ! Yes this was for you, why the thread locked itself i dont know but welcome :D

It did confuse me for a moment why it was locked 🤔

Welcome James,

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. Happened across your FB group and i prefer forums so thought i'd register. This is the daily and i'm based near Driffield East Yorkshire so will be on the look out for any local'ish runs.

MyMini.jpg

Welcome to FOM, @James!

Nice looking Cooper S you have there, I'm a fan of the white on blue look 👍🏻

Nice looking machine there @James

Another member of the “stripe” club 👍🏻

Yay, snap .. except yours is electric blue I think? Nice!

15 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

Nice looking machine there @James

Another member of the “stripe” club 👍🏻

I like the stripes if i'm honest. I did black out the grill and headlight surround but went back to chrome after i realised i actually prefer it. I'm clearly a heathen.

And Minibean, you are correct. Edited my profile.

Some people love strips, some people hate them. I think they suit some colours better than others but yours looks good for them.

I had black stripes on my pepper white (with spot lights 🤯)

I love spotlights and had some on my old R53 checkmate. I've been keeping an eye out for some but they're not cheap unfortunately.

I prefer Forums too, so I’m glad I am not alone on that score. MINI looks fab! 👍🏻

Ah I wasn’t correcting you, just mine is deep blue and I like electric (potentially more but there weren’t any about) .. how much are the spotlights /rally lights? Do you go eBay or mini for them? I’m thinking I need these. 

4 hours ago, minibean said:

Ah I wasn’t correcting you, just mine is deep blue and I like electric (potentially more but there weren’t any about) .. how much are the spotlights /rally lights? Do you go eBay or mini for them? I’m thinking I need these. 

It depends how you want them wired in. The MINI way is to wire them separate from the headlights so the footwell module sends signal to switch them on. This will probably need coding.

or

you  could take a feed from the headlights that flicks a relay turning the spots on !

🤔🤔🤔🤔

On 07/04/2019 at 02:54, Kettlepot said:

It depends how you want them wired in. The MINI way is to wire them separate from the headlights so the footwell module sends signal to switch them on. This will probably need coding.

or

you  could take a feed from the headlights that flicks a relay turning the spots on !

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Thanks Kettlepot. I’d rather them on with the headlights, will look into it. Btw You’re on for a minikart race. Last bunch I beat were a load of Royal Marines who weren’t chuffed a girl beat them all 😂😂 

10 hours ago, Mr Watton said:

@minibean Kettlepot is dead competitive so it sounds exciting already! 😄

😳

8 minutes ago, Kettlepot said:

😳

Tell me I’m wrong ? Haha. You are, and very good at it.

3 hours ago, Mr Watton said:

Tell me I’m wrong ? Haha. You are, and very good at it.

Erm ......😊

Ah shame I live the other end of the country then! You’d probably beat me @Kettlepot to be fair, purely based on your dedication to motors and that, plus the backing of the boss  - but you never know 😉. Sorry James, I’ve taken over your thread a bit lol! 

32 minutes ago, minibean said:

Ah shame I live the other end of the country then! You’d probably beat me @Kettlepot to be fair, purely based on your dedication to motors and that, plus the backing of the boss  - but you never know 😉. Sorry James, I’ve taken over your thread a bit lol! 

Lets not be assuming to much just yet ! I do have a mean streak but I’m guessing you may be quite quick too. One day we might get to find out who’s quicker