Mr Watton

Welcome minibean

Hello @minibean,

Welcome to FULL ON MINIs. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

minibean joined on the 25/03/19.

View Member

Thanks! I’m beyond excited. I’ve driven average bangers my entire life and am two days off collecting my first ever cooper. The Dream 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Welcome to FullOnMINIs, which model are you collecting (hatch, clubby, countryman) ?

Hatch. Just waiting for them to put the stripes on 😬😬😬

1 hour ago, minibean said:

Thanks! I’m beyond excited. I’ve driven average bangers my entire life and am two days off collecting my first ever cooper. The Dream 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Great to have you here! It’s always exciting getting new car, especially when it’s a MINI 😃

Welcome to FullOnMINIs @minibean!

Plenty of pictures when you pick up your new car! 😁

Stripes 🤦‍♂️

Only kidding. I had stripes on my previous 2 and spot lights on my last one.

As Lewis says, photos are a must 👍🏻

Yeah I’m about 60/40 in favour of bonnet stripes but I just think it will look 👌 on my one .. made my decision now tho & sticking with!! Will post pics on thurs. cheers everyone! 

5 hours ago, minibean said:

Yeah I’m about 60/40 in favour of bonnet stripes but I just think it will look 👌 on my one .. made my decision now tho & sticking with!! Will post pics on thurs. cheers everyone! 

If everyone had the same taste it would get pretty boring and we’d all be driving cars that looked and sounded exactly the same. So I wouldn’t worry if your choice is popular or not, as long as you like it and you are happy with it !

I’m known as a bit of a wind up merchant too by the way ! 🙄😂

5 hours ago, minibean said:

I had bonnet stripes on both of my hatches and think they really suited it.

_20190326_152515.JPG.96ee4f40021baba3a59627870783cf7a.JPG

_20190326_152415.JPG.ea1d5bccd579676a8e7792d2f9d195f9.JPG

Some colours suit bonnet stripes and some don't but it's all down to personal taste! I've always added John Cooper signatures to mine to give them a bit more of a feature.

I'm sure whatever you've gone for it'll look great 😁

8 hours ago, minibean said:

Great thing with stripes, if you don’t like them, they just peel right back off. 😃

Posted (edited)

Well I’ve been looking for two days at all the minis on the roads and I’m definitely keen on stripes on 3 door hatches. They just make me smile. They do tend to look more classy and stylish though without which I also appreciate. 2 sleeps and I can post pics hehe! And thanks for the heads up kettlepot i’ll watch out for u 😂😂

Edited by minibean

Thanks for the input guys btw... I seriously cant wait to pick it up lol. Watch out roads!! 

@minibean I bet you're excited!

You've kept us in the dark regarding the colour and spec of the car so I'm looking forward to seeing it, too! 

Yep! Surprise. Well apart from the stripes bit 😂.. cheers!

Just before I drove home!! Super exciting. No one has waved back at me yet lol. Ah well! (Apart from a sales rep from mini who was driving on the other side of the road with another customer.. doesn’t count!)

Very nice! And the stripes look smart matching the roof and mirror caps 😁

I trust you enjoyed your drive home!

LOVED it! I’ve never owned more than a 1.2 so 1.5 with turbo is amazing to me... And the rest. Felt so proud parking up. Cheers! What’s your mini? Or is it all on your profile? 

I know what you mean. I've had one for a couple of days and they are quite nippy! They are really nice to drive, too.. No wonder you're loving it! 😁

Mine's a 2013 Roadster John Cooper Works. 

_20190326_182920.JPG.857487961864e85b9d95eb72247cf16d.JPG

1592718546_DSC_0881(2).JPG.76fb25768d2f64828bac1b0db4cdf359.JPG

There is a little bit on my profile but it's mainly detailed on my build thread. 

Are you planning any modifications for your new car then, or just keeping it standard? I know that modding isn't for everyone ☺️

Very nice!! I’m thinking rally lights maybe (not sure this is modding it) but that would be going full on cheesy Italian job then 😬... my car makes me so happy. Finally!!!! I’m a Mini Cooper owner! 

Posted (edited)

Ps not that I was aiming for the Italian job with this car, I only spotted the similarities this morning! 

Edited by minibean