LCWElvin

That JCW Roadster 🔵

So as you all have seen I've replaced the R56 Cooper S with an absolutely stunning Kite Blue R59 JCW. I know the R59 is a bit of a Marmite car and the Kite Blue adds to that.. But I dig it! 

So here's the start of my build thread. Nothing to report on as of yet and I'll be taking it slow until the warranty runs out but the GP2 diffuser and Team Dynamics alloys are on the cards for this month as they're just cluttering up the shed. 

Really looking forward to the show season this year and praying for a great summer! ☀ 

Have some picture spam because I'm chuffed with it 😋

_20190205_104711.JPG.e121e0878c97bd365936eb290e378b5b.JPG

_20190205_104224.JPG.ce5af124d986d82f602d4212ee8dda94.JPG

_20190206_100507.JPG.fd4ee6ecb2a580e1f63fe66e7243be76.JPG

Edited by LCWElvin

Looks good mate 👍🏻 Are you keeping the stripes on? The blue makes it stand out well 😉

22 minutes ago, Bornared said:

Looks good mate 👍🏻 Are you keeping the stripes on? The blue makes it stand out well 😉

I'm undecided about the stripes. I like them but I've seen a Coupé in Kite Blue that hasn't got the stripes which also looks good. 🤔

The blue is a very bold colour.. I parked it next to my friend's yellow Abarth 595 the othet day and they stood out like sore thumbs! 

3 hours ago, LCWElvin said:

I'm undecided about the stripes. I like them but I've seen a Coupé in Kite Blue that hasn't got the stripes which also looks good. 🤔

The blue is a very bold colour.. I parked it next to my friend's yellow Abarth 595 the othet day and they stood out like sore thumbs! 

I’ve seen one without the stripes and it looks good, that why I wondered if you might keep them or not. Its a rare colour and I think thats why it stands out 👍🏻

On 06/02/2019 at 21:49, LCWElvin said:

Hows the JCW Roadster going @LCWElvin ?

14 hours ago, Mr Watton said:

Hows the JCW Roadster going @LCWElvin ?

Loving it, @Mr Watton! Though I'm still using the Cooper S as it has a full tank of Petrol! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'll have to bring it round to show it off and get a FOM sticker or two 😁

GP2 Diffuser fitted today. No problems with fitting apart from the lack of undertrays to put the final screw bolts in but the tunnels are secure enough on the hangers 👍🏻

_20190212_161324.JPG.b5bb91fae8febb314d8e5b98066d6af2.JPG

_20190212_161220.JPG.58a0fce61e679abb2d32fc390dc98af5.JPG

_20190212_161257.JPG.abd251e595d8cc74084b6e2c745043ae.JPG

I loved the look of the rear end but I think it looks even better with the Diffuser on. 

Edited by LCWElvin

1 hour ago, LCWElvin said:

Thanks Ian 😁

There were extra braces that I don't recall seeing on the underside of the hatch

Obviously didn’t get in the way then .

nice work

30 minutes ago, Kettlepot said:

Obviously didn’t get in the way then .

nice work

No not at all. I was sceptical when I first went under the car but the bracing is further forward than the diffuser 

On 09/02/2019 at 10:53, LCWElvin said:

Loving it, @Mr Watton! Though I'm still using the Cooper S as it has a full tank of Petrol! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'll have to bring it round to show it off and get a FOM sticker or two 😁

Welcome anytime :D