Kai2k

R56 MCS N18 LCI - Has anyone had a remap?

Hi Guys,

I'd like to investigate the possibility of some minor tuning to my motor. I don't know if it's more in my head than anything else but I like the idea of having a 200bhp car. Mine i believe is 184 and a quick search on line suggests a phase 1 remap will give me 210bhp. Has anyone done this? I'm really looking for any advice on if it's worth it, assuming no other mods. I presume with a low power increase the stock exhaust, intercooler and so on will cope ok. I'm getting a K n N panel filter and she now has Eibachs but I'm not really wanting to upgrade the brakes etc, purely due to the cost involved. 

Also having the Aisin flappy paddle semi auto I need to think about it's ability to cope with the extra oomph although I recall the JCW (2013) being available with this box.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kai.

200 should be a relativity easy figure to reach. I’d give BTG a shout to see what mods are needed to release what power.

If you search some of the companies offering remaps, they’ll have a specification for what is needed for their Stage One remaps. Prices will vary between companies

21 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

200 should be a relativity easy figure to reach. I’d give BTG a shout to see what mods are needed to release what power.

I called BTG today for a quick chat, they seemed very nice, friendly people. I'm going to pop down on Saturday morning and go over options and prices. 

I'm gonna come down and use them once my pulley is done don't suppose you have any prices for the remaps mate ? 

10 hours ago, b34st said:

I'm gonna come down and use them once my pulley is done don't suppose you have any prices for the remaps mate ? 

I don't but I'll ask for all 3 stage prices and bhp figures which I'll post on here. I'm interested in stage 1 - if my insurance increase is not prohibitive I'll be getting it done ASAP.