LCWElvin

2007 R56 MCS *Insert Name Here*

On 14/12/2018 at 16:05, Kai2k said:

Cracking pics @LCWElvin wouldn't mind getting out for a drive like that myself. Your motor looks very well. 

Thanks @Kai2k! Was great to just get out and get some decent pictures.

It's coming together quite nicely. I still need to show you in person! 

It’s coming together now 👍🏻

How are are you getting on with the number plate suckers, I’m tempted with some but undecided. My bumper has screw holes but more for swapping between tinted and standard

11 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

It’s coming together now 👍🏻

How are are you getting on with the number plate suckers, I’m tempted with some but undecided. My bumper has screw holes but more for swapping between tinted and standard

Thanks mate 👍🏻

I think they're great! Had no trouble with them in this weather and I've done a mix of Motorway and B road driving with no problems. 

The number plate has fallen off once but it was down to me and not the suckers. (I was in a rush and didn't take the plate off when washing the car. Stupidly I decided to prod the suckers, they moved a little, got some dirt under them and one became unstuck when in traffic 🤦🏻‍♂️)

I usually take the front plate off every time the car gets washed and have no problems 👍🏻

So this is how the Cooper S is looking at the moment. Notice anything different? 

IMG_20190116_172816_010.thumb.jpg.263006e1f8a977abd78734096d44f396.jpg

Some seriously big changes coming in the next month! I'm trying to keep my cards as close to my chest as possible.. So no blabbing, @Mr Watton! 😉😄

Oh, and there'll be a Dark Silver Aero Kit up for grabs soon if anyone knows anyone looking to buy one 🤔

@Kettlepot you said you were tempted by the number plate suckers.. I have no need for mine now, do you want them? 

22 hours ago, LCWElvin said:

So this is how the Cooper S is looking at the moment. Notice anything different? 

Some seriously big changes coming in the next month! I'm trying to keep my cards as close to my chest as possible.. So no blabbing, @Mr Watton! 😉😄

Oh, and there'll be a Dark Silver Aero Kit up for grabs soon if anyone knows anyone looking to buy one 🤔

@Kettlepot you said you were tempted by the number plate suckers.. I have no need for mine now, do you want them? 

I’m putting 2 and 2 together and could have 4 or could have 9. 

I don’t want to spoil anything in case I’ve worked it out.  Good Luck 😉 

and yes please. 

22 hours ago, LCWElvin said:

I promise not to Blab @LCWElvin 😄😄

11 minutes ago, Mr Watton said:

I promise not to Blab @LCWElvin 😄😄

Sometimes you pull it out the bag and you don’t spill 😂

13 minutes ago, Bornared said:

Have you got the bumpers and sideskirts from ‘Letty’? 🤔😜

We only have the original side skirts and rear bumper in the blue. Some other bits will be up for sells v soon 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Mr Watton said:

We only have the original side skirts and rear bumper in the blue. Some other bits will be up for sells v soon 👍🏻

I thought @LCWElvin might have the bumpers etc off Letty, with them being different and him selling his Aero stuff 😜

@Kettlepot I think you have worked it out from Instagram.. I wasn't very discreet!

I'll get those suckers to you somehow, unless you can wait until the first Mini show of the year? 

@Mr Watton I think people will work it out pretty sharpish anyway! 😄

@Bornared good guess.. But that's not it! 😝

The Cooper S has now officially been replaced with a JCW.. This one, to be exact! 

_20190205_104711.JPG.d799caf15d3aece57c8c4ebe25c76416.JPG

It's a John Cooper Works Roadster finished in Kite Blue. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it! 

Had a great run with the Cooper S but on to bigger and better things. Watch this space for a new build thread where we're starting off with wheels and a diffuser 😁

Edited by LCWElvin
Spelling!

Very nice sir ! 

....does the roof come off ? ...oh yes it does 😂

I’d double check the diffuser as I believe the cabriolet has rear bracing that may get in the way ????????

Im sure you’ll get it to work for you though

1 hour ago, Kettlepot said:

Very nice sir ! 

I’d double check the diffuser as I believe the cabriolet has rear bracing that may get in the way ????????

Haha, oh yes! 😂

Thanks for the heads up there. I've seen them with the diffusers on so if I can't work it out I'm sure someone will know! 😁

4 hours ago, LCWElvin said:

The Cooper S has now officially been replaced with a JCW.. This one, to be exact! 

Looks great @LCWElvin looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. You'll be pining for warmer weather although I've been known to have my sun roof open in December ha ha 

3 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

Very nice sir ! 

Nothing a big hammer and an angle grinder won’t sort 😁

5 hours ago, LCWElvin said:

_20190205_104711.JPG.d799caf15d3aece57c8c4ebe25c76416.JPG

It's a John Cooper Works Roadster finished in Kite Blue. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it! 

Had a great run with the Cooper S but on to bigger and better things. Watch this space for a new build thread where we're starting off with wheels and a diffuser 😁

Looks different in that colour, only seen 2 Minis in that colour. Not a fan of the Roadster but looks better as a JCW and the colour makes it stands out more 👍🏻

Thanks @Kai2k! I had the roof down yesterday even though I was on the motorway and it was freezing! ❄ Haha

@Bornared I've always been a fan of the Roadster but only in JCW form. I've always thought they didn't look quite right in Cooper and even Cooper S form.

I know they're a bit of a Marmite car but I think the colour really helps it 😊

I think I've found my favourite angle 😍

_20190205_142319.JPG.7c8b0acb31612c8794cc1e2fad7956be.JPG

Edited by LCWElvin