THEGARRODS

MINI baby car seats

We now have a grand child on the way and looking to get a MINI seat so bump can look the part in our clubman when it gets here anybody know of any second hand seats as new they are bit pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We looked at 2nd hand seats but there history is always questionable.

We borrowed one off a friend for my inlaws and 3 months in and it hasn’t been used yet.

When our little one goes anywhere, he goes with his car seat so his car seat is there to be used. The only time we’d need another seat is if we were to drop the little one at grandparents and then grandparents to take home to aunties but again he could just stay with his one seat.

Possible diffrent iso-fix bases if you were going to use one.

We looked at 2nd hand seats but there history is always questionable.

We borrowed one off a friend for my inlaws and 3 months in and it hasn’t been used yet.

When our little one goes anywhere, he goes with his car seat so his car seat is there to be used. The only time we’d need another seat is if we were to drop the little one at grandparents and then grandparents to take home to aunties but again he could just stay with his one seat.

Possible diffrent iso-fix bases if you were going to use one.

Ok thanks for the info new seat it is iso-fix bases are all new to us as we not used child seats for about 18 years now

The iso-fix bases clip into the car and become the attachment for the car seat. As we had a winter baby we didn’t want him getting cold and possibly wet as we put the seat in the car and faffed with seat belts.

The other good thing with the iso-fix base is that it beeps when the car seat is fully attached. (More piece of mind)

It takes about a minute to install the base into the car and that includes the walk from the house, then it’s just quickly locating the bars of the car seat into the catches of the base (seconds)

But that’s just my 2p worth

I think [usermention=685]@marcm11[/usermention] went for a rotating car seat that stays in the car.

The seat twists to face the door for easy loading/unloading and then turns to rear facing for the little one.

(Loading [emoji23])

The iso-fix bases clip into the car and become the attachment for the car seat. As we had a winter baby we didn’t want him getting cold and possibly wet as we put the seat in the car and faffed with seat belts.

The other good thing with the iso-fix base is that it beeps when the car seat is fully attached. (More piece of mind)

It takes about a minute to install the base into the car and that includes the walk from the house, then it’s just quickly locating the bars of the car seat into the catches of the base (seconds)

But that’s just my 2p worth

I think [usermention=685]@marcm11[/usermention] went for a rotating car seat that stays in the car.

The seat twists to face the door for easy loading/unloading and then turns to rear facing for the little one.

(Loading [emoji23])

Many thanks for your 2p worth as I’m really impressed with iso-fix system and being able to turn seat to face the clubman door so easy and safer than they have ever been just thought so the modern babies still have sticky hands and make a mess in the car [emoji848][emoji1][emoji1]

I don’t know if you can get turning seats that quick release or if you leave the seat in place and remove the baby.

We close the non turning removable seat and that (in hindsight) was the best decision for us as the little one wakes and screams when taken out of the seat. Having the removable seat allows us to get into the house, put bags away and have his bottle ready before any distress.

I think Mothercare have an event on over the next couple of sundays giving 10% discount if you register [emoji6]

I don’t know if you can get turning seats that quick release or if you leave the seat in place and remove the baby.

We close the non turning removable seat and that (in hindsight) was the best decision for us as the little one wakes and screams when taken out of the seat. Having the removable seat allows us to get into the house, put bags away and have his bottle ready before any distress.

I think Mothercare have an event on over the next couple of sundays giving 10% discount if you register [emoji6]

Ok many thanks mothercare here we come [emoji846][emoji846]

The hours we spent looking at car seats was crazy.

https://bit.ly/2viyZk9

This is the one I have in our car which is isofix and spins round. Great for when they are little so you can easily get them out.

Very good car seat if it is to stay in the car all the time as it is very awkward to get in and out. It’s also not the lightest thing.

If you go to mothercare you can try them in the car to see which is best for you.

e3c570136053139dcf1aa113f7d78a9b.jpg201804 ... d78a9b.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/e3c570136053139dcf1aa113f7d78a9b.jpg' alt='URL>'>

The hours we spent looking at car seats was crazy.

https://bit.ly/2viyZk9

This is the one I have in our car which is isofix and spins round. Great for when they are little so you can easily get them out.

Very good car seat if it is to stay in the car all the time as it is very awkward to get in and out. It’s also not the lightest thing.

If you go to mothercare you can try them in the car to see which is best for you.

e3c570136053139dcf1aa113f7d78a9b.jpg201804 ... d78a9b.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/e3c570136053139dcf1aa113f7d78a9b.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Ok thank you will definitely look at this type of seat many thanks

We now have a grand child on the way and looking to get a MINI seat so bump can look the part in our clubman when it gets here anybody know of any second hand seats as new they are bit pricey

Just moved this to the technical enquiry section :)