AndyH

R53 - ongoing build

Yeah got KW v1's to go on. Got them second hand though so just tidying them up before putting them on. Got compbrake adjustable top mounts to go with them too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

awesome look forward to seeing them on the car pal you'll have to let me know what they are like lol

Itching to get them on, pretty much the last of the pile of parts to fit!

Hoping the front pinch bolts come out without snapping.

Researched a little bit and the kw's all got good reviews and seeing the condition these are in being 2nd hand is a good indication of quality

ah that's good news then i'm hoping to find some second hand but if not will have to go new

From what I have heard most passenger front pinch bolts cause resistance.

My advice would be to take your time and warm the area around the pinch bolt as much as poss. I snapped mine and had to drill it out. I then used a nut and bolt as I’d damaged the threads drilling it out.

From what I have heard most passenger front pinch bolts cause resistance.

My advice would be to take your time and warm the area around the pinch bolt as much as poss. I snapped mine and had to drill it out. I then used a nut and bolt as I’d damaged the threads drilling it out.

Yeah I've got some pb blaster penetrating oil which seems to do a really good job. I've been giving them a soak in that in preparation. Seems like a lot of people do the upgrade to the nut and bolt setup same as the r56 when doing them

So it's been a little while since I updated this...a few things have been changed since the last update.

The KW's were finally fitted

R56s calipers/discs etc fitted

Corbeau seats fitted

Coolerworc shifter fitted

Carbon dials and white LED conversion

Facelift Xenon's fitted and "joey" modded

probably more but I can't remember 😁

Along with some repair work - most recently the clutch slave cylinder failed so had a couple of days swimming around in dot4 fluid trying to get the new one bled...pain in the arse!

I've got an aero bumper with smoothed upper grill section and brake ducts along with some vented front wings ready to fit but they need painted first.

Probably won't be spending much more this year as got a holiday coming up and a wedding to pay for...but the shopping list at the minute is:

New wheels

Steering wheel retrim

New manifold + tomcat

New seats + harnesses

Cage

New subframes and polybushes all round

mini1.png

mini2.png

mini3.png

mini4.png

mini5.png

Edited by AndyH

Forgot to add I also fitted a Newman PH2 cam along with St225 injectors and had loaded a custom JCW 210 map.

It runs pretty well now, waiting to get it on the rollers sometime to see what it's pushing.