Michael Cee

BRG F56 JCW

So I'm currently sat in cooper boldon waiting for my car to be put through it's first MOT so thought I'd finally write a thread about my Mini

Sent from my iPhone using FULLONMINIs.co.uk mobile app

So I'm currently sat in cooper boldon waiting for my car to be put through it's first MOT so thought I'd finally write a thread about my Mini

It'll fly through Michael [emoji4]

If I was to describe my relationship with this car I would 100% say it's a love hate thing a01386857ca1a410abefe8d1560553d7.jpg201708 ... 0553d7.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/a01386857ca1a410abefe8d1560553d7.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Reasons for hating it:

Constant problems

Eats petrol

Don't trust the car at all due to my experience

Price of mods

Reasons for loving it:

Pops and bangs

Comfort

Handling

Speed

Spec of the car

Uncommon colour for cooper S

So this car was my first mini and only my second car so being 20 year old it cost me a lot to insure it but it's worth every penny. My first bad experience started after just two days of ownership when after driving it rather hard the car would make a loud whining sound, so long story short I got a new gearbox through warranty on a two year old car with only 17000 miles (Sadly I'm not the first owner of the car)

This car is basically just one problem after another here's a quick list:

Gearbox bearings

Wheel corrosion

New steering column

Paintwork due to door seals rubbing

Squeaky clutch

Lacquer peel on bodywork

Lacquer peel on steering wheel

Faded gear stick

As of yet I've only done minor mods but do have big plans next year once my next years insurance is paid [emoji19] here's a few of the mods I've done so far:

Rear wiper delete and orranje bung, now replaced with a kill all wipers bung for a cleaner look

c7f5a53b5f4370d62443ddfcce04534c.jpg201708 ... 04534c.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/c7f5a53b5f4370d62443ddfcce04534c.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Black rear light surrounds and a light tint on the tail lights

118be646b6643780d55802d6106f33ae.jpg201708 ... 6f33ae.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/118be646b6643780d55802d6106f33ae.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Black front light surrounds and chrome strip painted black

44f4d6e0588c0d15985466b381bf9512.jpg201708 ... bf9512.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/44f4d6e0588c0d15985466b381bf9512.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Got the diamond cut rims powder coated black to help protect them from corrosion and because I'm not a fan of diamond cut rims

3c7e47fe2212058c25808dd6583d18db.jpg201708 ... 3d18db.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/3c7e47fe2212058c25808dd6583d18db.jpg' alt='URL>'>

I've also changed the brake discs and pads for some Mtec dimpled and grooved discs and some blue print pads

Also have plans with cobra motorsport for this to be the development car for there new exhaust for this platform of mini, fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Looks very nice, never seen a cooper s in this colour...

Have you thought about changing the front grille to black? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks great to me, especially the wheels.

Agreed on the front grille, would tie it all in nicely [emoji1305]

Thanks [emoji4] I'm going to get rid of the rest of the chrome on the grill then I'm not sure if I should paint the middle strip red or leave it black?

Try both see which you prefer !

I needed to get rid of the chrome on mine before I introduced another colour. Now I have my mind set on one colour where as before, I wasn't

Try both see which you prefer !

I needed to get rid of the chrome on mine before I introduced another colour. Now I have my mind set on one colour where as before, I wasn't

I'm wanting to bring in a few red touches so that I can paint my brake callipers red otherwise I don't know what colour to paint them 🤷🏼‍♂

Different seeing a S in this colour

Hoping my cooper isn't going to end up with loads of problems. Have seen a few people saying about the new minis with several issues. Apparently they changed the door rubber material but my car is a 17 plate and they are already scratching the door checks.

Different seeing a S in this colour

Hoping my cooper isn't going to end up with loads of problems. Have seen a few people saying about the new minis with several issues. Apparently they changed the door rubber material but my car is a 17 plate and they are already scratching the door checks.

Yeah mine had that problem they changed all the seals, resprayed the body and covered it in clear vinyl

My mum has a cooper and had the same thing done. Although the body shop are useless and got overspray inside the car all over the interior. so they tried cleaning it all off and scratched the piano black trim. its going back in again for them to try sort it.

My mum has a cooper and had the same thing done. Although the body shop are useless and got overspray inside the car all over the interior. so they tried cleaning it all off and scratched the piano black trim. its going back in again for them to try sort it.

Wow...that's someone being lazy on the old prep by the sounds of it. Hope the family's is well Jamie btw [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow...that's someone being lazy on the old prep by the sounds of it. Hope the family's is well Jamie btw [emoji1303]

It's a really big problem on the F56's that and the gear knob fades I've gotta say the build quality isn't amazing

Update on my mini... I'm on holiday in the lakes for 5 days and this message shows up 94416be4b6180b4bfa3ccee7383d880f.jpg201708 ... 3d880f.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/94416be4b6180b4bfa3ccee7383d880f.jpg' alt='URL>'> yet another problem, I really don't want this car anymore [emoji20]

Update on my mini... I'm on holiday in the lakes for 5 days and this message shows up 94416be4b6180b4bfa3ccee7383d880f.jpg201708 ... 3d880f.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/94416be4b6180b4bfa3ccee7383d880f.jpg' alt='URL>'> yet another problem, I really don't want this car anymore [emoji20]

Oh Man, i guess it started up ok ?

You dont seem to be winning with this MINI :(

Update on my mini... I'm on holiday in the lakes for 5 days and this message shows up 94416be4b6180b4bfa3ccee7383d880f.jpg201708 ... 3d880f.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/94416be4b6180b4bfa3ccee7383d880f.jpg' alt='URL>'> yet another problem' date=' I really don't want this car anymore [emoji20']

Oh Man, i guess it started up ok ?

You dont seem to be winning with this MINI :(

Yeah it started up yesterday with what battery it had left but I'm not sure it will start up today, I've spoke to a couple people and they all say it needs a new battery. Brilliant for a 3 year old car [emoji28]

Batteries are only designed to last approx 3 years but most last longer increasing our expectations.

Could you have left anything on (lights for example) ?

Mine gives a warning to say unexpected drain (if I've left my wifi obd Jobbie plugged in or lights left on)

....another thought, Cooper Boldon would have done a battery voltage test as part of the vehicle health check previous to the MOT being carried out, hopefully this was over 12v at the time or they could have warned you sooner. Not massively helpful i know, but hey...

....another thought, Cooper Boldon would have done a battery voltage test as part of the vehicle health check previous to the MOT being carried out, hopefully this was over 12v at the time or they could have warned you sooner. Not massively helpful i know, but hey...

Thanks for the help and advice guys I didn't leave anything on for sure and I've never had any bother with leaving my JB4 plugged in the obd all the time.

I started the car up this morning and it's completely fine no codes or messages. I rang mini and they advised me to do a trickle charge on the battery when I'm home.

Still going to get it looked into when the cars booked in for final warranty stuff on the 13th.

03cc8a36110d68b6e541b15998fd7ee3.jpg201801 ... fd7ee3.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/03cc8a36110d68b6e541b15998fd7ee3.jpg'>https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/03cc8a36110d68b6e541b15998fd7ee3.jpg' alt='URL>'>03cc8a36110d68b6e541b15998fd7ee3.jpgURL><e>

Just installed the R56 JCW shift knob with a custom alcantara gator and wrapped the chrome ring in carbon fibre. Much prefer these shift knobs over the standard ones that come on the F56 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ad69231727acfee18e312a9ec57d7067.jpg201804 ... 7d7067.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180403/ad69231727acfee18e312a9ec57d7067.jpg' alt='URL>'>

So this happened on Saturday, I traded the cooper S in for this JCW which came up in a dealership in Surrey and they had it brought up for me. Hopefully this MINI is a lot more reliable than my last one.

I haven’t updated this thread in a while as I’m struggling to get used to Tapatalk but I also got a steal of a price on some second hand but not even taken out of the box KW V3s which I had on the cooper S for around a month so they will be going on the JCW when I get round to it.

ad69231727acfee18e312a9ec57d7067.jpg201804 ... 7d7067.jpg"><a href=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180403/ad69231727acfee18e312a9ec57d7067.jpg' alt='URL>'>

So this happened on Saturday, I traded the cooper S in for this JCW which came up in a dealership in Surrey and they had it brought up for me. Hopefully this MINI is a lot more reliable than my last one.

I haven’t updated this thread in a while as I’m struggling to get used to Tapatalk but I also got a steal of a price on some second hand but not even taken out of the box KW V3s which I had on the cooper S for around a month so they will be going on the JCW when I get round to it.

Looks great this Michael [emoji1303] love the colour.

I see what you mean On Tapatalk. It’s not for everyone and I at times hate it. You can always use the online version, more richer in features if I’m honest with better options if your a FOM+ member.

Let me know if I can help in anyway [emoji1303]

So this happened on Saturday' date=' I traded the cooper S in for this JCW which came up in a dealership in Surrey and they had it brought up for me. Hopefully this MINI is a lot more reliable than my last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

Looks great this Michael [emoji1303] love the colour.

I see what you mean On Tapatalk. It’s not for everyone and I at times hate it. You can always use the online version, more richer in features if I’m honest with better options if your a FOM+ member.

Let me know if I can help in anyway [emoji1303]

Cheers Simon, I think it’s just a matter of getting used to the app.