Bornared

My 2007 R56 Cooper S

1 minute ago, LCWElvin said:

Consider me intrigued! I'll be looking out for it 😎

Some people will like it and some won’t. But the thing is I’ll like it and I’ll be open to people’s views 😁 Can’t wait for it to be done 👍🏻

Managed to get myself a nearly new OMP bucket seat at a silly low price 😁 I still need to use my rear seats from time to time at the moment, so a single bucket seat for now. Can’t wait to get it fitted 👍🏻

DE5AE415-7BBC-49F9-8211-A2C42A2B3338.thumb.jpeg.e9d44810b82adbe68fff6e3bf39431d7.jpeg

@Bornared did you get the brackets for this? I guess you’ll need something to delete out the airbag sensor too 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Mr Watton said:

@Bornared did you get the brackets for this? I guess you’ll need something to delete out the airbag sensor too 👍🏻

Yeah they have the side mounted brackets with them. I’m going to make an adapter plate so I can bolt them to a standard set of Mini runners 😉 I’ll be using a resistor to complete the airbag sensor delete 👍🏻

Measurements and template getting made to mount the R56 seat runner and OMP bucket seat. Holes on the base of the side mounts will be welded up, and new one’s drilled to line up with R56 seat runner bolts 👍🏻

9B010A7A-EE4F-462F-ACC9-E879DC73027B.jpeg.3694ee6d1a82bcb7445c92906b5bf13e.jpeg

On 15/05/2019 at 20:02, Bornared said:

New discs and pads fitted. Calipers to be painted in the next few days 👍🏻

C377D8D2-A639-4896-9F6F-2C55B3F17F03.thumb.jpeg.266ec2825c6d22b692150ffbfea80448.jpeg

@Bornared how did you find these brakes? I'm thinking of getting some. Cheers.

18 hours ago, Kai2k said:

@Bornared how did you find these brakes? I'm thinking of getting some. Cheers.

I think they are good, had no brake fade and work really well. Seem to improve the braking compared to standard stuff

27 minutes ago, Bornared said:

I think they are good, had no brake fade and work really well. Seem to improve the braking compared to standard stuff

@Bornared thanks for this. How are they under normal slow town type driving? Do you have any part numbers please ? 

14 hours ago, Kai2k said:

@Bornared thanks for this. How are they under normal slow town type driving? Do you have any part numbers please ? 

They perform well under slow town driving, you can feel them brake a bit sharper than standard. I got them from EuroCarParts when they had a 50% discount code. They are the uprated Pagid discs

2 hours ago, Bornared said:

They perform well under slow town driving, you can feel them brake a bit sharper than standard. I got them from EuroCarParts when they had a 50% discount code. They are the uprated Pagid discs

Great stuff. Thanks for this. Which pads did you go for ? I trust I'd need to go to MINI and buy new wear sensors ? Thanks for your help. 

11 hours ago, Kai2k said:

Great stuff. Thanks for this. Which pads did you go for ? I trust I'd need to go to MINI and buy new wear sensors ? Thanks for your help. 

I got the Pagid pads, but you could go for different ones-I had been thinking of maybe EBC pads. I did’nt need to replace the wear sensors

19 minutes ago, Bornared said:

I got the Pagid pads, but you could go for different ones-I had been thinking of maybe EBC pads. I did’nt need to replace the wear sensors

Thanks @Bornared I appreciate it. I just want to make sure that any pads I go for are not too hard for road use. Years ago I had M1144 ones on a car and they are almost dangerous. 

5 hours ago, Kai2k said:

Thanks @Bornared I appreciate it. I just want to make sure that any pads I go for are not too hard for road use. Years ago I had M1144 ones on a car and they are almost dangerous. 

No worries mate 👍🏻 EBC normally state which pads are for general road use etc. Most companies do it now, so people don’t buy say track use pads-which only operate once up to working temperature. 

In case anyone was interested in how my Mini looks under its new owner

30C2791A-6194-4B7E-B2D2-EFFAC665526C.thumb.png.701bd59d3cd220940e4362225b8dc61a.png

53 minutes ago, Kettlepot said:

Do you still have the short shifter ?

Yes mate I still have it, are you interested in it? £30 posted 👍🏻