Bongo

Any reports of official DRL failures?

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Just wondering if the R56 DRL units are made of tougher stuff than the side/fog units that come as standard? Both of mine have now failed (again) so I was just wondering if its worthwhile upgrading the units. I don't really want to replace like for like as they'll just fail again after a couple of years, I might has well just take £80 and burn it.

My official Mini LED DRLs have had condensation in them for the last year but still work fine.

When you say failure, what are you referring to ?

Corrosion inside ?

Yes, the condensation and following corrosion.

My official Mini LED DRLs have had condensation in them for the last year but still work fine.

Ah cheers, I thought they might have tried to make them a bit more water tight this time around. Silly me :lol:

So £80 for 2 new units like for like, or £200 for the LED DRL's that will also fail but look priddy :problem:

Is this the halo light version been a pain?

Those are the ones I was thinking of getting. I was just hoping they were a bit more solid and wouldn't have to be changed every couple of years.

I need to dry mine out to try and prevent the corrosion but I'm not sure how well my LED bulbs are sealing ! I just haven't god the time to strip everything down to have a right good look and examine/dry them. The halos do look nice tho. I've seen them on eBay recently from BMW/Mini dealer for £160.

£160 is way better. Be aware that you have to wire into the FRM module too, no coding required mind ;)

My clubby suffers from this problem I always get a warning light because there that wet inside I want the halos but cant justify paying 160 for them noticed it helps if I drive with the front fogs on

The seals dry out on the main fog bulb that then let's in moisture, I make sure I grease the seals up on both the sidelight and fog light bulbs

I done that still done it tbf the back of mine are well and truly pitted and rotten

I done that still done it tbf the back of mine are well and truly pitted and rotten

Yeah course, once the damage is done, no going back

Iv got some DRLs here to go in mine just not got round to it yet if anyone wants to inspect them before I fit them , they look like a good piece of kit like

£160 is way better. Be aware that you have to wire into the FRM module too, no coding required mind ;)

Yeah I had a quick look. Didn't look too bad. Probably won't even need fire or hammers.

Iv got some DRLs here to go in mine just not got round to it yet if anyone wants to inspect them before I fit them , they look like a good piece of kit like

You're just down the road from me these days aren't you on the Durham Riveria?

Yes but I will be at the Sunderland pub meet on Sunday afternoon I can take them with me if you want a look to that

Mine have been on just under a year and are so far like new still. Mind i hardly drive the car anymore... :lol:

Just a switched live is all you need. No requirement to faff with the module like the (dangerous) instructions..

Yes but I will be at the Sunderland pub meet on Sunday afternoon I can take them with me if you want a look to that

ah sorry just seen this Marc. Been away since Saturday and not due back until coming Sunday

ah sorry just seen this Marc. Been away since Saturday and not due back until coming Sunday

That's ok I won't be fitting them for a while as I'm thinking of changing the intercooler at the same time so no rush