Mike_lee

Mini cooper s help

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Hi ive just purchased my first mini.

It's a 2007 mini Cooper s jcw. Ive bought it in parts and just needs reassembling. I have a few questions about it. 1. I was going to do the timing chain while the engine is off ice rang a few places to get one and they can just not by the weekend. After ringing a final place they told me I need a vvt hub to go with the chain but ive never heard of this. Do I need to do it as well or is it a waste of money being twice as much.

2. I rang bmw to get a quote from them they said the car isn't actually a John Cooper works from the factory does this mean it's just a bog standard mini Cooper s or can you still send it to jcw to get the kit on after its been bought? Thanks in advance, Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry I can't help you with issue 1, but I'm

Sure someone else can chip in.

Do you have and JCW logos on any engine parts ? Brake calipers, exhaust ? Darker speedo/Rev counter dials, If not then it's probably not a factory works,

There is nothing stopping you adding JCW parts and making your own, the dealer can obviously do this but will more than likely charge you handsomely. It just depends if you want styling or performance or both. Most of the mods you could probably do yourself anyway !

Hope this helps

Ian

Thanks Ian, it has the jcw exhaust, seats, badges, front strut, I'm sure it has big breaks but didn't look in much detail and a certificate. In not sure about the Speedo as the battery is disconnected ready for reassemble

Sorry Mike, I was referring to the dial faces, generally they are a darker grey.

Ian

@Mike_lee

If its 07 then it will probably be like the dealer fit JCW pack like mine. You should have a certificate in your paper work if its a proper "dealer works". Its initially based on a standard Cooper S, the JCW performance pack is fitted at the dealership and includes the following....

Printed JCW Airbox with cylindrical air filter inside

Modified turbo to cylinder head exhaust manifold

JCW rear exhaust box

JCW Remap

JCW Name plates front and rear

JCW Serial number on cylinder head cover

You wont have dark gauge faces as this was on the newer factory JCWs

Let me know if I can help any further...

Simon