Kettlepot

Back in Black

After a lot of communication between SMPS2012 (site sponsor) I ordered the belt line kit. I literally couldn’t wait to fit it so pretty much went out and cracked straight on. 

C5D83E27-9E85-448E-A695-27A4018F98D2.jpeg

8E878770-8529-490E-ABD6-D146FD5427F4.jpeg

5AAE9075-57FE-41E4-9D4C-3C336385DB2B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

After a lot of communication between SMPS2012 (site sponsor) I ordered the belt line kit. I literally couldn’t wait to fit it so pretty much went out and cracked straight on. 

8E878770-8529-490E-ABD6-D146FD5427F4.jpeg

5AAE9075-57FE-41E4-9D4C-3C336385DB2B.jpeg

That looks ace mate, certainly improves the look of your Mini even more now. Top work and great results 👍🏻 Look forward to seeing your work up close at Mega Mini Meet 😉

9 hours ago, Bornared said:

That looks ace mate, certainly improves the look of your Mini even more now. Top work and great results 👍🏻 Look forward to seeing your work up close at Mega Mini Meet 😉

i agree looks awesome mate makes the car stand out more too

23 hours ago, Kettlepot said:

This shot !!! YES YES YES 

After lost of research and now some trial and error I am still no further forward with the lcd heater display and getting it to display correctly since changing the leds to blue

4513A50A-43A4-46E8-B495-46E0274A428C.jpeg

You can almost see that the fan speed is dark and the background is light. Yet standard is the other way around. 

The only thing to be changed was the diffuser paper. The original was orange coated, no matter what we did the orange coating showed the digits orange. Remove the orange coating and the display goes like it is in the picture but way way brighter. The paper currently has 5 layers of blue vinyl stuck to it which has subdued the brightness somewhat. The rest of the dash, steering wheel, radio, centre console and gauges are still to do, I only see an issue with the gauges from here, other than the lcd display obviously 🙄 

With the MOT renewal date looming, I decided to take the plunge and After previous good service from Halfords Autocentre I decided to book the MINI in. As an added bonus they were open on a Sunday. It passed with only one advisory, the rear brake discs were corroded. Not really surprising considering I’ve only done 1500 miles since this time last year. This can only mean one thing. I must get out more 😂