Sign in to follow this  
greeig

Lakes Run - 7th March 2015

@jamesi09 good good, it'll do the job your after im sure :)

Everyone enjoy :)

b95dd10277439ca8b1b8d6b6ab576dca.jpg03 ... 576dca.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/b95dd10277439ca8b1b8d6b6ab576dca.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Another great run Cheers greeig for organising it again stunning scenery and great people cheers[sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES][sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES][sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES][sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Nice picture! I have a good video from the go pro but no idea how you get them on here

Nice picture! I have a good video from the go pro but no idea how you get them on here

You could try using your phones browser to view the forum and then opening the full post editor (not the quick reply box) an the options are there for different file types to add. If that fails email it to Ian@fullonminis.co.uk and i'll have a go for you.

Just arrived home after a cracking run, thanks to @greeig for organising, i think all will agree, it was a good route well executed. A couple of twitchy moments, the kind you get when you don't know the roads and you're randomly following the car in front.

It was nice to meet a @jt and Scott, just wish we were able to stick around a bit longer and chat to everyone.

anyway a couple of photos taken throughout the day

image.jpg.ccf14d41f30cd06859f8e5640ce1bf36.jpg

image.jpg.4b13ff50591eb34e9ffdffaa20896fdf.jpg

Lloyds eh? All I read was 'I can get you discount on parts...' [emoji6]

Haha!! Hi guys!! Hope you all had a great run out today, was gutted I couldn't make it.

Yeah just started last week, I'm now part of the sales team! [emoji14] Trust me, I'm looking at so many parts atm.. Thinking new steering wheel, some JCW alloys possibly..

Promise I'll get along to a meet very soon

I'll be sending you a parts list shortly too then Craig... [emoji6]

Cheers for coming along today everyone, was good to catch up and a good blast out too!

Here's a couple of snaps I got...

f48e538ef0ae74d6b56058dde596e2a8.jpg03 ... 96e2a8.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/f48e538ef0ae74d6b56058dde596e2a8.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Taking over Filling Station Cafe

583c08ac6a236a6085140484a38fbefe.jpg03 ... 8fbefe.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/583c08ac6a236a6085140484a38fbefe.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Over Ashness Bridge

51a88c9dbb16a481d1462f45919fafed.jpg03 ... 9fafed.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/51a88c9dbb16a481d1462f45919fafed.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Andy and John at Surprise View

743f651944ddfeadc95f1a73a23d3350.jpg03 ... 3d3350.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/743f651944ddfeadc95f1a73a23d3350.jpg' alt='URL>'>

And another up there

4ce23fe68f875cedc195bf7d54f589b8.jpg03 ... f589b8.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/4ce23fe68f875cedc195bf7d54f589b8.jpg' alt='URL>'>

The usual shot from the top of Honister Pass

Wish I'd got more but was either hooning or being annoyed at tourists [emoji106]

I was up early for a change lol and Lesley had been ill during the week so she would stop at home. I had plenty of time so decided to go to the pre meet at Hartside Cafe. It was damp when I left home but as I turned off the A66 and by passed Barnard Castle the wind increased and the it started to 'spit'. Past High Force there was a branch or two in the road, thick enough to make me swerve round them rather than run over them and the leaves were 'drifting' ! The fog descended and the wind increased, so much so that I had to drive turning into the wind to keep the Mini straight. Next there was a tree over the road, not a thin arch of a tree but an old good chunk of tree. It had been blown over in a field on my left and was covering enough of the road to make me take to the 'cam' to navigate round it. I came out of the fog as I arrived in Alston and headed up the road to Hartside. This stretch of road is brilliant, so many great corners linked perfectly together with different radius's, some with and some without positive camber it's a petrol heads delight. Back into the fog at the Cafe but the car park was empty, in and out without stopping and down the other side towards the next meet point at Penrith. Out of the fog again and about half way down I lost grip going into a right hander. The car spun and I ended up a passenger going backwards into some pig wire fencing. It was all in slow motion and was a gentle stop thank god. The nearside rear wheel was off the ground and I couldn't get traction to get back on the road so I climbed into the back seats to get the towing eye out because I couldn't open the hatch due to a small tree and the fence being tight against it. I then had to get the handbook out to see how the towing eye cap in the front grill came out

IMG_1144_zps0dj7cjib.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

IMG_1146_zps2bblyssm.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

It wasn't too long before a good samaritan arrived with a rope on board and pulled us out. He wouldn't take anything for his help apart from a thankful smile and a grateful handshake, top man.

A quick check over and all look good to go so I set off to Penrith. The steering and brakes seemed fine and there was no worrying noises. The rear nearside light cluster is broken and there is deep scratches in the paint at the rear quarter but other than that it looks not bad, a lucky escape. I wouldn't tell Lesley till I got home, no point in spoiling her day.

SAM_0010_zpsf76ugmwx.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

I was now late for the Penrith meeting point so carried on to Keswick. A quick phone call to find out where the cafe was and I was soon having my breakfast with the gang, at last. There was seven Minis and Greeigs Mates in a Clio along for the hoon

SAM_0001_zpsgjjoqrti.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0002_zpsjycu0upb.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

The first climb Greeig took us up had a very narrow stone bridge and kinda set the tone for the rest of the day, tight, nadgery roads/lanes that resembled green lanes at times. Me and the Mini were loving it, the tighter the better. At the top was a view to die for and which the pic's do not do justice

SAM_0004_zpszua04fkr.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0005_zpswt1uznho.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0007_zpsbffv78gh.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0009_zps1m39rarg.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0011_zpsyvw5csr8.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0012_zps3tu3vut1.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

Up hill and down dale we drove on quiet roads due to the time of year and the weather I reckon. There was 'any amount' of bloody walkers like but the majority had a smile on their faces when they saw our band of Minis pass by.

SAM_0013_zps2tsv6mu1.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0014_zpszxbmxvxc.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0015_zps4dtydzan.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0017_zpsemvriulk.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

Back into Keswick and a garage stop where Scott and his girlfriend arrived

SAM_0018_zpsn7wobgm4.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0020_zpsuwmffh11.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0021_zpsovxckq1w.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0023_zps9tmz2759.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0024_zps13g1ybdt.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

On the road again and a few more epic passes, it was great fun

SAM_0025_zpsz5abskee.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0027_zps7hvbwday.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0028_zpslmpk9jmz.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

SAM_0029_zpstfvysosf.jpgLINK_TEXT><e>

We finished at the KFC in Penrith and after a light bite for some and a coffee we went our separate ways. An uneventful drive home I'm glad to say, other than getting down to 8 miles left in the tank according to he computer. Another great Lakes run by Greeig, can't wait for next year already.

Anyone got a n/s rear light cluster ?

Great write up John and some good photos too! Thanks for coming along, glad you enjoyed it [emoji106]

I hope you get the Mini sorted easily enough too...!

Another good write up @JT , I almost felt like I was there! :)

Sorry to hear about your MINI, hopefully just a change of light cluster/and pants are all that's required lol :)

Thanx [mention]greeig[/mention] and [mention]admin[/mention]

Replacement OE light cluster ordered today and pants washed ;)

2 min video looking backwards on Saturday using my new camera. First time used and quite happy with the results. More to come.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoOHzlrKcfY

@JT looks like a nice relaxed drive! It's great that I remember that road from last year too! It's where this pic taken...

c4bc1e5b235807e21c23f07df3320551.jpg03 ... 320551.jpg"><a href=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/09/c4bc1e5b235807e21c23f07df3320551.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Love the look of James F56 from that view too.

And [mention]Andy[/mention], slow down for tight blind corners in the wet :lol:;)

oh the irony @JT :lol:

Cracking run. some dodgy roads as I kept bottoming out :blush2: but thoroughly enjoyable non the less. :good:

And [mention]Andy[/mention]' date=' slow down for tight blind corners in the wet :lol:;)[/quote']

oh the irony @JT :lol:

Cracking run. some dodgy roads as I kept bottoming out :blush2: but thoroughly enjoyable non the less. :good:

In the words of Bill Shakespeare "Jesters do oft prove prophets" :D

That doesn't look like it will polish out John :-(

Will some filler a paint job fix it back to 'shiny'?

Good write up and really gutted I couldn't make this.

That doesn't look like it will polish out John :-(

Will some filler a paint job fix it back to 'shiny'?

Good write up and really gutted I couldn't make this.

I'm hoping minimal filler and a splash of paint will sort it :D

http://https://vimeo.com/121724051

Just a little video of coming down kirkstone pass! Had the wrong back on the Go pro so the sounds not the best!

Up and over Kirkstone Pass, sound is rattly, work in progress with the camera. Sheep on the road at 4 mins.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZ1heIeGis

Great shots shame we couldn't make it Greig always puts on a good run! Greig do you get to that viewpoint from following the road to ashness bridge up? Looks awesome sorry to hear about your mini john! Sounds like you were lucky!

That's some committed driving and stunning scenery. I've been toying with the idea of buying a cheapish digital sound recorder to use alongside my gopro then I can graft good quality audio into my edits

Great shots shame we couldn't make it Greig always puts on a good run! Greig do you get to that viewpoint from following the road to ashness bridge up? Looks awesome sorry to hear about your mini john! Sounds like you were lucky!

Cheers Lee! Yeah just head over Ashness Bridge, past the car park on your right then you'll see a layby/car park on your left further up. Pull over on there and Surprise View is directly over the road.