Astroboy

The (not so) Hobo Express

It's dug a fair hole in my new wheels fund though. I really need to start listing the spares I've got on the bay of e

Dibs on the Challenge wing [sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

I'll post some pics when I receive it. It's not the g-wing wraparound, it's the actual wing ting. I may yet decide I can't live without it lol

Awesome. Fingers crossed you hate it/ordered to sell it [sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Finally got round to clear coating my other set of mirror caps. They'll be going on in due course 58eb7690b4010dbbe5e3fdefacae9428.jpg10 ... ae9428.jpg"><a href=http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/10/58eb7690b4010dbbe5e3fdefacae9428.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Back on the car :)

163f2f02c4320e7914de3eef526e1272.jpg25 ... 6e1272.jpg"><a href=http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/25/163f2f02c4320e7914de3eef526e1272.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Don't know what to buy next, cam, ecu, steering wheel or new wheels. Choices choices...

I'm thinking wheels possibly. The show season is nearly upon us and my TD's need a refurb. I'm still unsure if the best way forward is to get that done or just go for new

New wheel bearing day tomorrow 73bc1c10ec22ec7b1d9a05932b9b8850.jpg29 ... 9b8850.jpg"><a href=http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/73bc1c10ec22ec7b1d9a05932b9b8850.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Braved the rotten weather and the wheel bearing is done. Droplinks tomoz

6de174e2d115c9d08267758e5e1a33b6.jpg30 ... 1a33b6.jpg"><a href=http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/30/6de174e2d115c9d08267758e5e1a33b6.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Cheapo ebay droplinks turned up yesterday. One of mine had gone pop so thought I'd give these a whirl 1f2eba6b312e1341911d1ba16ee33768.jpg02 ... e33768.jpg"><a href=http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/02/1f2eba6b312e1341911d1ba16ee33768.jpg' alt='URL>'> They certainly seem beefy and come with a 2 year warranty. The only potential problem I can see is that they may foul the driveshaft they're so thick

Ive just put one on. abit too fat. not easy to get correct. mine still banging.:cry:

I thought they might be, I'll see if it's something a few washers can sort

Great project thread, what Intercooler are you running? Also have you thought about an oil catch can, the amount of vented oil that comes from the crank case and gets into the intercooler is surprising. What about a vibratechnics engine mount I am sure it won't be long until that oil one blows. Samco induction hose for smother flow no baffled air, r56 under trays retro fitted, flashing rear brake lights for when on track with an inline switch for road use since you like wiring.... If you get a csm I would go for larger injectors or they will run out of cycle and you won't get the most out of the cam. With the full acces Byteronic software you won't need spend a bomb on a standalone.

Keep up the great work living this thread

I'm on the standard intercooler plus meth Ian. The oil filled mount is only a few months old so has some life left yet but a vibra-technics is on the the menu at some point but it's not a priority for me at the mo. Tuning wise I'm going old skool with an aem piggyback. Watch thus space for the results...... :)

The replacement droplinks are on but I'm far from happy with the fitment. Plenty of clearance with the steering dead straight but virtually nil clearance at lock. No biggie though ad I can stick them on the back and use the bits off those to make some slimmer fronts (with longer turnbuckles)

Looks like I'll be sticking with my current wheels a bit longer. They'll be going in to get refurbished at the back end of next week :)