Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Frank looking great at this years Mega MINI Meet. Faultless drive there and back this year, was good for it to be on the show stand after a log 4 year wait :)

IMG_9737.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:46, Mr Watton said:

Frank looking great at this years Mega MINI Meet. Faultless drive there and back this year, was good for it to be on the show stand after a log 4 year wait :)

IMG_9737.JPG

great pic mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RT2002MCS said:

Your Car looked good today at the"Bowes Museum" especially the rear end

 

Cheers, its been a good day on the comments, mainly for the diffuser tbh LOL

 

Did you get any pics? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since driving down to MINI In The Park I’ve had this odd rotational noise. The fear of it being bottom end knocking N14 life dawned on me, but after some investigational work this morning I “think” I’ve tracked it down the the belt tensioner that goes between the crank and the water pump. Once I put the tensioner into service mode it feels like the whole assembly and the roller is 100000 mile loose! Water pump feels good by hand, and the aircon pump that’s never been activated since 2014 seems ok too.

 

Heres a lovely crude drawing of what and where I mean. 

 

Just need to buy one now before it detonates itself (it really is that noisy)

9E80C91F-7BEF-4BC3-B894-80DBF6ECCB67.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2018 at 17:42, Kettlepot said:

That looks to be a arkward place to get to but a healthier option than the bottom end.

will it take much to replace ?

 

I don’t think it’ll be too back, just three bolts which are quite short looking at the info I have on them.

 

Dont think it’ll be ready this weekend mind 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New part day! It’s not that exciting if I’m honest, and dreading the job in rebuilding it. Not a job to be done I don’t think unless the engine is removed, or you have hours of patience and a good 10mm spanner

 

so I should be still good for this Sunday’s DDB Meet 👍🏻

 

Genuine Dayco part - £85.99 (inc 3 bolts) 👍🏻

Labour - Priceless (meaning I’m doing it) 😄

 

FF53C580-D590-408F-AEED-1DD0D40619AE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newer style front splitter fitted to my JCW bumper. Lewis Elvin, they fit!  🥳😍 The initial splitter is quite flat where as this newer style is a lot more sticky outy 😄

20E30041-45FF-489C-87FC-12E0727D9780.jpeg

8D729BBB-19C6-47D2-B4BA-F027982B67EF.jpeg

DF241555-FC3D-4957-A846-93569D259E49.jpeg

37B97495-FB59-4B0C-8E32-E3D7B704FCBA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it any higher off the ground ?

did you measure the pre/post mod ?

 

Frank will almost have an LCI exterior now 😎👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Watton said:

Newer style front splitter fitted to my JCW bumper. Lewis Elvin, they fit!  🥳😍 The initial splitter is quite flat where as this newer style is a lot more sticky outy 😄

20E30041-45FF-489C-87FC-12E0727D9780.jpeg

8D729BBB-19C6-47D2-B4BA-F027982B67EF.jpeg

DF241555-FC3D-4957-A846-93569D259E49.jpeg

37B97495-FB59-4B0C-8E32-E3D7B704FCBA.jpeg

 

Makes the front end look so much better, Si; I'm so glad that they fit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2018 at 21:11, Kettlepot said:

Is it any higher off the ground ?

did you measure the pre/post mod ?

 

Frank will almost have an LCI exterior now 😎👍🏻

It looks higher but it’s aftually the same height on the left and right profiles, and 2mm higher at the middle. 

 

I wonder what to do next 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Guidelines