Sign in to follow this  
JonnyR52

2005 cooper s convertible door locking issues

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Hi all I have an 2005 cooper s convertible and the passenger side door won't lock or unlock with the key . Also on the drivers side as u open the door the window drops down to clear the seal this doesn't happen on the passenger side ? Is this an electrical fault ????

Someone told me it cud be linked to the rear view mirror ? Do u think it is worth changing the door actuator !

If it was the mirror then you wouldn't be able to unlock or lock the whole car ;)

The door lock,opening and closing, triggers the window to drop down and close, so if your also getting issues with locking and unlocking on that side too, points straight to that lock ;)

V tricky, you need tiny hands, and lots of patience. And make sure you get the cables routed properly ;)

V tricky, you need tiny hands, and lots of patience. And make sure you get the cables routed properly ;)
pain in the arse.

My door actuator arrived today gunna have a go this weekend I have already kissed goodby to the skin on mi knuckles and the swear box is ready lets hope it cures the fault ????

Finally gave in and took it to my trusted mechanic done now and works fine :) gunna get some pics on this week had front end painted and wheels painted lookin good all ready for summer .

One slight problem F in roof won't come darn only opens as far as sunroof and the light flashes red on the button to open it any ideas ????

Jonny

Check the shelf in the rear is fitted right. Small micro switches either side can stop it working

Looks like you've sussed it in the photography thread hehe

You can start a newbie if you like, why not hey :)