Sign in to follow this  
cooperaidy

Brake Light on dash board

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Hi guys, got a light come on my dash board this evening. Its the circle with brakets around other side (Brake warning light).

I drove through a dirty puddle and immediatley the light came on. At 1st i thought maybe the brakes were wet, then done some googling and it mentions i could of got the sensor wet?

One of the brakes was stone cold whereas the rest were hot, i took it for a mean blast around the block and they are all hot now.

Worried it could be a costly job, and im hoping the problem will go away, but whats the chance of that happening

Anyone know what could be the problem??

Wet sensor aidy more than likely as you have said. Give it a few days to dry out and see if it goes off.

Check your fluid level, water shouldn't affect it as every time it rains the sensor will get wet.

Mine has come on before due to them getting too wet. Have went off after day or two.

Iv given it a few days, and still the light stays on, looks like i'll be folking out some cash to get some new sensors.

My light came on. On my old audi. It was the sensor on the brake pads that broke off triggering the light to come on. Garage told me there was loads of life left in them and if I could live with the light on. Just leave them.

Maybe that's what's wrong with yours. Not sure thou

Hi, Yeah i figured there would be nothing wrong with the brakes as there were no advisories on the MOT at the end of January. I'll see what the garage says, if its peanuts to fix, then maybe ill fix it :)...... maybe the speedo should take priority. hmmmm