Sign in to follow this  
Lebigmac

Hartge Pedal Covers

I'm going to order these from Germany, has anyone else fitted them?

2a5aragu.jpg

Wondering do you have to take off the rubber on the pedals or just cover with these and drill holes for the screws ?

I would guess you're going to have to get a bit handy with the drill. Small holes and some tough self tappers should see you ok

I would guess you're going to have to get a bit handy with the drill. Small holes and some tough self tappers should see you ok

Do you take off the old rubber first? Or just pop straight over the top?

I'd take the rubbers off. On my R50 they came off no problem at all. I did replace my rubber ones with the JCW ones, but they had rubber backs and fit the same as the original rubber ones, although I seem to recall the throttle pedal was the full unit. Its probably best to disconnect it and take it out the car than do it in situ

By the look of these the throttle pedal is just a cover rather than the full unit, damn sight cheaper than the jcw set too !

Because the JCW set comes with the complete electronic throttle assy ;)

Jah, for sure. I was just looking at the back of that one though and it looks like it slides over something. Being floor mounted thought it might be easier to dismantle oot the car tha knarrs ;)

Yeah I was wondering if that was just something they used to prop it up with rather than part of the assembly. I'm sure they come with instructions in German though

Pedal covers arrived today, managed got the Accelerator pedal done without too many problems although space to fit in a socket was very tight. Struggling to drill the other pedals snapped 2 drill bits already, these pedals are made from some tough shit !!!

I remember doing something similar on a dub I owned, and it was tricky as hell.

Rather you than me lol

I've given up, the footrest and the accelerator are done the other will just have to stay rubber, impossible to get holes through that close to the edge if the pedal and I've already snapped 3 drill bits.

I've ordered JCW covers for the brake and clutch, I'll keep the hartge one on the throttle.

I'll eBay the hartge brake and clutch cover

shame that Roger, i guess it has to be tough steel for the purpose of the pedals

ty6uduby.jpgty6uduby.jpg"><a href=http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/ty6uduby.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Turned out not too bad , still cheaper than vying the jcw throttle pedal