Sign in to follow this  
gracie-mac

front wipers

My front wipers have stopped working. The water jet still works. I looked at the fuse diagram but cant find front wiper. Am i blind or will i need to be lookin at the motor??

If the wipers themselves do t work at all on any speed it's more than likely the wiper motor you can buy the whole motor and linkage from BMW for £200 I did this for my girlfriend last year takes around half an hour as you can just swap the motors but you can't buy the motors on there own :(

Yeah I know we had no choice on Christmas Eve lol,get someone to double check just unplug the connector from the motor and check it's getting 12 volts when you turn the wipers on,it is a common problem I'm afraid and is more than likely that,you might be able to buy non genuine ones but I'm not sure sorry

Just spent £80 on brakes just yesterday! This car knows how to disrespect me haha. Thanks for heads up tho, ill get it checked over :-)

Fuse for front wipers is under the bonnet, 20A and is F9 in this pic...

e2udupe7.jpge2udupe7.jpg"><a href=http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/e2udupe7.jpg' alt='URL>'>

If that's ok then yeah maybe a motor ;)

Check the earth cable on the motor, very common fault for this to corrode away.

My wipers just stopped in the upright position in heavy rain, they have had a fair bit of use tonight but now they won't move at all.

Swapped the fuse but no luck, hopefully its covered under my warrenty

Sounds like the motor as long as the fuses are ok, all other electrics ok?

Be motor mate same happened to pips car last Christmas on the motorway in heavy rain car full of shopping nursed it home lol £200 from mini for the lot including linkage I think it was easy to fit if your ok tinkering :)

Be motor mate same happened to pips car last Christmas on the motorway in heavy rain car full of shopping nursed it home lol £200 from mini for the lot including linkage I think it was easy to fit if your ok tinkering :)

I've only had it 6 weeks and the garage i bought it from gave me a 6 month warrenty so hopefully its covered

RainX is a fab product guys! Wipes on your windscreen and turns your glass hydrophobic. Water just beads right off, great when at speed too, saving wear on your wipers. Obv you need your wipers at certain times, but try it ;)

Used that before si it's good stuff I put it on my back window seems I have no rear wiper ;)

Yeah I went through a whole bottle if the stuff on my civic, will have to get some more... Do halfords still sell it I haven't seen it for a while

Try b&q. They are doing 3 for the price of two. Rainx is one of the products in the deal

Try b&q. They are doing 3 for the price of two. Rainx is one of the products in the deal

Cheers James, I'll look out for that

Good find there Paul ;)