Sign in to follow this  
BrickTop14

Thinking about Coilovers ...

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Hey guys :)

Have already dropped my R50 MINI by 30mm on Eibach springs but to be honest I have never really been happy with it. Still needs to be a bit lower ...

So my question is how low are people going before things start to rub ? I am thinking of dropping it by another 20-25mm so i get the stance right. Have found a set of FK Street Coilovers for about 200 quid. Just like to hear some peoples opinions on them :)

Cheers

Brick

55-60mm drop on FK coilovers is insanity, personally i dont rate them they are unstable and bounce around causing more harm than good, just for cheap looks and no performance, i would go KW V1 everytime but they are expensive but you do get what you pay for, mate of mine has had them on his track car for 6 years now and handles great, looks great and the adjusters are as easy to turn as they were on day 1 :)

I've got FK coilovers. If I could get the money back I would. Don't recommend them at all, now saving for KW's like should have done in the first place.

FKs are like the JOMs on my GTi, great for stance but ride quality is shocking lol

Kw are great. Personally i would go v2 or even v3.

I run on meister-Rs and they are excellent. D2's are also very similar, i know one or two running them.

As with everything though you grt what you pay for.

I've got FK coilovers. If I could get the money back I would. Don't recommend them at all, now saving for KW's like should have done in the first place.

I like this :)

KW's everytime but take some saving for, i like the latest ones, pretty much fitted and woking is going to set you back nearly 4k :o cool iphone app to use them but F**k that!

What are t lie Meister R's like? Been looking at those too as heard some good things and I like the adjustable dampening.

What are t lie Meister R's like? Been looking at those too as heard some good things and I like the adjustable dampening.

They are apparently pretty good but i cant say much as ive never tried them or been in a car with them on

Wow. Well don't I feel rather silly now haha will have a look at some AP coilovers maybe. If not I'll just leave it the way it is :) Is there a spring that reduces the ride height by more than 30mm ? Also considered replacing the bushes with poly bushes. Anybody got any opinions on that ?

Cheers

Brick

No need to feel silly you only asked a question!

Polybushes are just win, tighten the car up no end. You lose a little comfort with them but then they're lifetime garuanteed and make the car tight as a drum.

Have a look at Weitec Hicon GTs too, just fit some onto my R56 and they're great...!

To be honest I think I will just stick with my springs. I haven't got the cash for a decent set of coilys and I am thinking of getting rid of the car around mid next year for either a cooper s or fiesta st. As for the poly bushes I think I will definitely invest in some of those. Any recommendations ? Next mod will most likely be a janspeed manifold with de cat pipe :D

Please don't buy a Fiesta ST haha!

There's a company called Flo-Flex. Not sure if they do them for Mini's or not.

To be honest I think I will just stick with my springs. I haven't got the cash for a decent set of coilys and I am thinking of getting rid of the car around mid next year for either a cooper s or fiesta st. As for the poly bushes I think I will definitely invest in some of those. Any recommendations ? Next mod will most likely be a janspeed manifold with de cat pipe :D

Dont buy a ST they are pathetic all round. slow, handle shite and made by FORD....... and Power flex bushes are the ones to go for and yes a janspeed and a de cat is a great idea, one of the best things i put on mine but had the OMP cat back system to go with it :)

At least im not the only one who thinks the ST is shite!