Sign in to follow this  
sharpiecooper

How do you take the Wipers off?

Im going to respray my wipers....looking rather tired and dont need to buy new ones, cant seem to figure out how they come off though.....the cap is off.....then there is a nut that doesnt seem to do much really as its not very tight on.......but then what? do you just pull? they dont seem to budge!

Im on a R50 cooper '02.

If anyone has any answers....

Keep em flat on screen and hold on to the middle of the arm and wiggle it in and out for abit then pull the wiper up and jiggle it about and it should come off :)

all the wigglin and gigglin in the world didnt get Clydes off, hence the smack in the mouth and subsequent purchase of the removal tool :lol:

I know all about smacking myself in the chops... :lol:

Undo the nut, then hit the top of the treaded bit with a hammer a few times and that should loosen it off. Did on mine anyways :-)

I may have to opt for the 'smack in the mouth option'. See how I get on with that.

At least if you do smack yourself in the chops you would be doing something sensible in the process..I decided to see how far I could stretch my help for heroes wristband and found its optimum breaking point when it gave way and I smacked myself in the chops with it, now have lovely bruise!! Good luck... Miff :D

WD40 is your friend. Undo bolt, spray on, have a cuppa, come back and wiggle.

Sounds like a fun party game... :P

Sure as said WD40....

Loosen nut but don't take fully off that way when you "wiggle" it will move but not come right of and "smack you in the chops" ;)