Sign in to follow this  
sharpiecooper

Roof Rack Bars

Very quickly guys ( i have about 2 hours to make up my mind) I have an '02 cooper (as you all may know) but I want roof bars to take my bikes and to have a roof box......BUT I HAVE TO DRILL INTO MY ROOF (well get someone to fit them) AND SO THE ROOF BARS WILL BE ON MY ROOF 24/7!!!!!!!

any opinions about this? would it put ppl off buying a car knowing that you cant take he bars off!?!?!?!?

This is what I want......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170883173930#ht_500wt_1202

thanks in advance!

You can get roof bars to fit without drilling they took under the guttering on the roof as I was wanting some for my mountain bikes at one point :)

Proper MINI bars wont weaken the roof panel ;) You can also take MINI bars off but you have to use small cappings to cover the fixtures ;)

Personally, i wouldnt buy a MINI that had roof rack fixtures, but you can always get boot racks i guess

I use a bike rack for my bikes, just have to watch the wheels hanging out the edge as my bikes quite long