Bongo

Manky Franky DS R56 S (pic heavy)

From this

f7d741d5011425d15609aa7ac0f0f23e.jpg

059e5a674203521d9d1055196dd33a25.jpg

To this.

88bba980f26d8204502a00e182bd27f7.jpg

f2d6ac558dbed7264d41607c0871bfb2.jpg

One genuine one made from scrap parts [emoji23], one pattern part direct from the manufacturing powerhouse that is taiwan.

It doesn't really look a lot different in photo, but the difference to the naked eye is like night and day.

Might replace the Frankenstein one with a Taiwanese one in the long run as the projector has "fogged" on mine which I cannibalized. The copy one is crystal clear. I have another one but it looks a real pain to get just the lens off.

Funny they fog like that. Mine fogs too.

Great difference though [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kettlepot said:
Looks great Alec, I bet you are becoming quite handy with a heat gun

Not too shabby. I know not to use it ever on setting 2 as it tends to set things on fire [emoji16]

Yesterday's casualty was just a camping blanket that the hot gun fell on top of. Oops

Massive thanks to Ian the exhaust whisperer last night. My problematic tips were finally persuaded to come off via fire, hammers, chisels and drills!

Here’s one we prepared earlier

4f44dd808cb8548c15395eb9ea82d216.jpg

And this was the end result

0cdacd69961e4db6b656cdcb0e856b8a.jpg

GTT tips ftw.

I’d like to say I helped but I stood there like a fool while Ian came up with ideas [emoji23]

It must have been the donuts that provided the ideas. I’m just glad I was able to help.

Donuts resolve most matters [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How was the drive home Alec ? these tips must have added at least 50bhp especially with all the flames we used getting the other tips off.

Kettlepot said:
How was the drive home Alec ? these tips must have added at least 50bhp especially with all the flames we used getting the other tips off.

Easily 50 I’d say. I went past a Porsche 911 like it was standing still while it was parked.

Actually did think one had dropped off at one point coming past beamish, but i think it was something on the road or another piece of car falling off.

Just a quick update.  Car has basically been broken for the entirity of 2018 now 😫

Hoping to have it back on the road soon, but the mechanic its currently with seems to enjoy holidays more than working on cars.  Stay tuned for progress.

38 minutes ago, Bongo said:

Just a quick update.  Car has basically been broken for the entirity of 2018 now 😫

Hoping to have it back on the road soon, but the mechanic its currently with seems to enjoy holidays more than working on cars.  Stay tuned for progress.

Heyyyyy been so long!! I think youve grown to the camper van really ;) Get that mechanic woken up....