Sign in to follow this  
sharpiecooper

Aerial Removal

so Ive purchased a new aerial, shark fin design, to replace the bumper car looking one....only further inspection of how to remove the existing one has made me come to the conclusion that what i thought would be a quick "ill just pop out and change that today" has infact turned into a "looks like i have to pretty much take the rear interior and roof lining apart"

is this the process i have to go through? taking the rear plastics out enough to drop the rear pillars to then drop the roof felt enough to push the existing aerial out? it seems alot of work to replace something purely for a cosmetic look......although it will look BOSS! I just thought Id ask just incase anyone else had done this and found an easier way.....if not......looks like i have something to do tomoro lol

Will do, I'm in Swindon tomoro morning for a caravan dealer preview so if I get back early enough and it's not raining then I shall give it a go....downside is that Thursday I'm taking the other half to heathrow airport so cant have my car in bits for the journey.....she'll have a large enough suitcase so I'll need everything in one piece lol.

But Defo pics and step by step as to how I do it will be posted.