Sign in to follow this  
NormDog

Grille removal?

I removed my spots as I wanted a cleaner front end. Now I want to respray the chrome black but obviously need to remove the grille to spray it. And advise to get it off?

Heres the difference without spots. Much cleaner

e61b32d6ce9311e1b0c912313b089111_7.jpg

The top grill has around 12 nuts holding it on think they were 10 or 11mm

the bottom section requires the front bumper off ,easy enough 2 screws either side near the wheel arch, 2 at the front either side, near where the bonnet sits when shut then 3 under Neath and a few screws, then un plug the lights and outside temp sensor :)

The big chrome surround part of the grill kinda pops out when you move the lugs then the other part of the grill is moulded into the bumper it's strange

Hope that makes sense lol :)

Lolly said:
awwwwww c'mon Norm, I did mine on Clyde and if I can do it anyone can - and i'm a girl !!!!! :lol:

I didn't remove my front bumper to fit my lower grille :-)

Must have been Fidley without! lol only takes ten mins ;)

The chome part pops off easy enough, but it you try and remove the full grill I bet all the plastic studs snap off when you try and undo the bolts. But as said for the bits you want to paint it comes apart easy enough if you take you time

Ah I see no lolly mines not flush was abit last minute haven't found a real guide to making it flush so havnt dived in but I want to take bumper off again to paint the crossmember hate seing it silver lol

Im going over to MINIspares soon anyway to see if i can get a facelift kit so will probably see if i can get a JCW grille at the same time.