miffy

Wheel gallery

We all have diffent boots on our minis and thought it would be fab to have a gallery of all the different ones..

So post your boots, shoes, wheeeeelllllsss, whatever you call them!!...on here...also would be good to have some before and after shots to show the difference a different set of wheels makes to a MNI...

So here goes..

Marmite when got him..

DSCF3005-2.jpg

really didnt like these so got them painted black

DSCF3015-1.jpg

My R108's

DSCF3630.jpg

DSCF3653.jpg

Now it is your turn...Miff

I shall contribute when I clean mine and work out which is the least curbed. I would like to point out it was not me that curbed them as I apparently park far enough away from things to need to get a taxi to the pavement :lol:

JCW R95's. 18's look a bit too big IMO think they would've suited the car better with 17's personally 8-):geek:

551754_10151839782100641_1654400585_n.jpghphotos- ... 0585_n.jpg"><a href=http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551754_10151839782100641_1654400585_n.jpg' alt='URL>'>

when i got it with the silver 17" "bullet" alloys

IMG_0083-1.jpg

and with my black set 8-)

IMG_0584.jpg

Tony B said:
JCW R95's. 18's look a bit too big IMO think they would've suited the car better with 17's personally 8-):geek:

I agree. Whereas i love the R95's i do think 18" wheels dont really suit a MINI at all. 17's are the max i would personally fit but out of interest i think 16's do rock a MINI really well :D

So do i. A nice set of lightweight 16's and a drop to suit look brilliant!

BenSayers said:
Do 16's fit ok with the jcw brakes on?

I think you need a min 17's for jcw's

macmini said:
Do 16's fit ok with the jcw brakes on?

I think you need a min 17's for jcw's

You do, I only have normal brakes though. Although Brembo's are on the shopping list.

Tony B said:
At the moment though im running S Spokes and TBH i think they suit the MINI really well. I would love to get them fully refurbed and sprayed white to match the roof and mirror caps. Ive seen R53's running S Spokes with coilovers and it looks mint.

this is what im planning on doing!!!

Was referring to the stock jcw on the gen 1 GP. Was thinking about what some 16's speedline tourinis could be like on it... Want some nice lightweight wheels but not the same OZ's most the other GPs have.

Cheers Tony!

If it was done, would it look weird? I wasn't sure about how the car would sit in relation to the rim with such a dramatic reduction bearing in mind i'm currently on 18's

I think that idea has now been scrapped as it would also result in the car sitting quite low to the ground and it already catches on things every now and then how it is. (think that's jsut the front flaps though) Sorry for dragging this wildly off topic!

It's wheel talk.

Surely Turini's in 17's are an option. Don't give up on the Turini's!

True that! and Turini's are still in the running even in 17 (good to see another Turini lover in the house too)

I have got one more question which would alter things a little bit in that would a 17 x 8 wheel be ok to fit?

Difficult to say, with the right offset I don't see why they won't fit?

I might as well say what I was thinking of getting... If I could get some Fifteen 52 Tarmacs in Neon Green like on KB's Fiesta and then get some replacement mirror caps done in the same green and maybe the belt line in Neon Green too.

http://fifteen52.us/shop-2/#ecwid:category=2510773&mode=product&product=9633509

Someone has already put Turini's on a GP while I was looking and they do indeed look smart:

63fbe915.jpg

I saw those wheels at CumbriaVag yesterday and wondered what they were!

They're nice! Turini's look so good aswell though.

Aye Fifteen 52 seem big amongst all the VAG lot from what I can tell off their Facebook page. This is the colour I would have to get for all the Green bits. gymkanafive-ken-block-e1340674883820.jpg 

I'm just not sure if it would be too silly or not. Turini's will always be in the running though I've wanted a set for years now.

They are gorgeous but I don't think the green would work if I'm honest. Think it would be a bit too much, photoshop is needed by someone.