sharpiecooper

Springs or Coilovers?

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Simple question and advice really.....Lowering Springs or Full out Coilovers??

Whats the benefit of having coilovers other than having adjustable lowering (is that right?) The price gap is like £150.00 - £500 smackers!

If people know the pros and cons I would be all ears!

Thanks

I fancy lowering "The Car" but am already clipping speed bumps at low speed... :-(

You dont need expensive coilovers to be honest sharpie. You can get JOM coilies for £180 fully adjustable. At the end of the day if your going to go low no matter which ones you buy they will go bump at some point. As long as you look after them a service them they will last. I know a few people with JOM's on and they are fantastic.

Hope that helps :)

Im running JOMs on the last two cars ive had, they get abused loads and never let me down.

I heard AVOs are good but if they develop an issue (under warranty) you have to send them away before you get any back, renders you car off the road then

KW is a good make, but v expensive. I know lammy here is running the clubsports and thats a four figure number lol

Im rocking AP racing coils. they actually improved the comfiness of the ride. theyre a bit bouncy but id deff reccomend coils over springs as am i right in believing that springs put more pressure on your dampners making them go pop?

spend the extra money and buy the right thing first time instead of spending your money twice ;)

Where can I get JOM's from? Can't find them anywhere?