So you've made the right decision in joining up with FULLONMINIs, but what now ?
Well first of all thank you very much for joining. Were all a friendly bunch of MINI mad enthusiasts, most probably like yourself Some areas of the site many not show, and this will be down to your membership level. Free Registered users will still have a good experience and some options open up after a set amount of posts, however paid members have extra features, sponsors show with special offers, gallery section, and more.
So briefly there's a few things to mention about the site and this thread is primarily designed to take the headache on where to start...
1) Just to get you started, make sure you have all the information filled in to your profile. Be that your name, what you drive, what you do, all the basics. To check this, it'll be in your User Control Panel and under Profile.
The PROFILE area lets you:
- Edit and update your profile
- Edit a user signature that shows up on your posts. Images can be uploaded via [urlhttp://photobucket.com]photobucket[/url], but keep to a size of 500 x 100 pixels.
- Edit a user avatar, up-loadable from your machine, but please follow the image guide lines as described
- Change various account settings
2) You can change various ways you can view the site, and how our FOM members can contact you, and you contact them. Setting this up now saves the hassle down the line. Again, all this is in your User Control Panel and under Board Preferences.
The ACCOUNT SETTINGS area lets you:
- Change how people if/can contact you
- Change the posting defaults like signatures, smilies, BBCodes etc
- How to display topics, posts, etc. usually everything is fine out of the box as a member, but you can fine tune
- Change how your notified for replies to the site, be that emailing when someone mentions your name, quotes you in a post etc etc
3) Keep an eye out for private messaging from Admin, Moderators, and of course FULLONMINI members. This can be to do with any suggestions for your MINI, or even if you want to contact someone about there own MINI, but always try and use the site first as an area to contact people you, of course. You should still get a notification via email about private messages dependant on your user control panel settings.
The PRIVATE MESSAGING area lets you:
- View new and existing private messages
- Compose new private messages
- Check the outbox to see if the message has been received. If its still in the outbox, then the message hasn't been read.
- The inbox and outbox has a handy coloured bar to show how full it is. Note: When its full you cant receive any, so delete some.
4) When posting images on the forum, you can do this in a few different ways. Sites like Photobucket, FlickR etc allow for linking from them to the site by URL codes or IMG tags. The FULLONMINI site will try and resize them automatically when being show, but try to keep the images at a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels. You can also use an app called Tapatalk that FULLONMINIs is registered too and really helps post to threads, including posting images direct from your smart phone. Of course, any frustrations you may get when posting images, dont stress, just contact myself Admin, or any of the FOM Moderators, and we will be happy to help and advise.
Now, the site might look daunting at first, but once you get settled in, and say Hello in the newbie section, you'll be absolutely fine, and of course if you need any help or guidance, myself or any of the moderators will be able to help, just send us a friendly Private message.
So now you know all the basics, dont forget to say hello now in the newbies section.....